You can create a single Cash Disbursement Batch Payment for multiple Payable records by simply selecting the Payables from the Payable list view.
Create a Batch Payment Payable
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under Cash Out click Payables (Vendor Invoices).
- Select the Ready For Payment list view. This will show all open and posted payables.
- Select all payables or just the ones you would like to pay.
- Click the Pay Batch button.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
- The bank account will default to the bank account set up in Accounting Settings. Change this as necessary and change the type as needed.
Note: If the check type is selected, the starting check number will automatically populate based upon the highest check number recorded against the Bank GL Account.
- Verify that everything is correct and follow one of the two below processes:
- Click Create to create the Cash Disbursements. This will create the records, but not post them to the ledger. These can be posted in a batch later from the cash disbursement batch screen.
- Click Create & Post to both create the Cash Disbursements and post them to the ledger. This is the recommended process if the Scheduled Post job has not been set up,. so that a user doesn’t forget to post these records after printing the checks. Cash Disbursements can always be unposted and edited as necessary.
Best Practice: It is recommended to have the daily Scheduled Post job created in Accounting Settings, which provides the ability for all Cash Disbursements that have a posting status of “Approved” to automatically post based upon the Next Run Date and Preferred Start Time.
Note: When you batch post a Cash Disbursement Batch that has more than 200 Cash Disbursement records included, a message displays to indicate that the records will be processed asynchronously. This is a form of timing protocol for the system to begin an operation once another one has completed. The below message will display for Batch Post or Batch Unpost.
- If the type of check was selected, these Cash Disbursements can be printed in batch by clicking the Print Checks button. A PDF will be generated in the format of stub-check-stub.
- The check stub supports up to 10 lines of detail for each payable. If a check relates to more than 10 payables, then click the Print Full Remittance button to show all related payables.
- You can make your own custom list views to pay payables.
- Custom or standard fields can be added, reordered, or removed via the field set on the Cash Disbursement.
- The Pay Batch screen is available in the Lightning UI.
- Asynchronous Batch Posting for Cash Disbursement batches is now available for batches with over 200 payable records. Asynchronous is a form of timing protocol for a computer to begin an operation once another one has completed.
- The Scheduled Post job allows you to schedule an unattended background program to execute the automatic postings of records after business hours, overnight, or any desired time.