You can create a Payable in Accounting Seed directly from a Purchase Order or an Expense Report. Recurring Payables can be set up to record recurring expenses to a particular vendor on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annual basis.
Create a Single or Partial Payment Payable
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Create Entries tab. Then, under the Expenses menu, click Payables.
Note: You can also access the payable directly from the Vendor account.
- Select a list view (other than Recently Viewed).
- Select the Payable for which you want to create a Payment.
- Click the Pay button.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
- (Optional) Adjust/Enter the Discount Amount.
Note: If a Discount Amount is applicable, it will be automatically calculated and displayed in this screen based upon the information entered on the Account record. The Discount Amount field will be editable if no payments or cash applications have been made and the Payable is eligible for a discount. Additionally, the Discount Amount field will also be editable if a partial Credit Memo has been applied, but no payments have been made (the Credit Memo Application Amount is greater than zero and the Balance is greater than zero and the Already Paid Amount is equal to zero).
- Adjust the Amount to Pay, as necessary and verify the Date, Bank Account, and Type.
Note: If the check type is selected, the starting check number will automatically populate based upon the highest check number recorded against the Bank GL Account.
Note: If the Payee is a 1099 Vendor, the 1099 information defaults from the Account or Contact record. From the Partial Pay intermediate screen, the Form 1099 Type and Form 1099 Box can be updated, if necessary.
- (Optional) If you would like to associate this with an already created Cash Disbursement batch, then select that batch.
- Complete one of the following methods to process payment:
- Click the Pay button to create the Cash Disbursement, but not post to the ledger. This will need to be posted at a later time.
- Click the Pay & Post button to create the Cash Disbursement and post to the ledger. This is the recommended process.
- From the Cash Disbursement batch screen, click the Print Checks button if necessary.
When the Cash Disbursement is created, clicking the Applied To tab will display the APD (AP Disbursement) record. When the Cash Disbursement Source = Payable, the Applied Date on the APD record will be the same as the Cash Disbursement Date. This is true whether the Cash Disbursement Date is in a prior or future Accounting Period.
Note: If the Cash Disbursement Source = Manual, the Applied Date on the APD will be the date that was manually entered when the Cash Disbursement was created.
Winter ’24 Release
- When the Cash Disbursement Source = Payable, the Applied Date on the APD record will be the same as the Cash Disbursement Date.