Customer Outstanding Statements and Activity Statements are useful when dealing with inquiries or disputes from your customer regarding what they owe or have paid.
- An Outstanding Statement will show any outstanding invoices to a customer and their current balance.
- An Activity Statement will show any Billing, Billing Credit Memo, or Cash Receipt for a customer within a specific date range. This is typically generated as an inception-to-date report.
For best viewing, click the YouTube gear icon at the bottom of the video, click Quality, and select 1080p.
- Navigate to the Customer’s Account
- Click the Create Statement button
- Choose the appropriate tab for an Outstanding Statement or an Activity Statement
- Ensure the Send to Contact field is populated. This will auto-populate from the billing contact field
- Enter any CC addresses, if necessary. This will auto-populate based on the contact roles related to this account.
- Review and edit the subject and body of the email.
- Add attachments if necessary (up to five attachments can be added).
- Click Send Email button to send an email containing the pdf and attachments.
- A Success Message will appear and an activity will be logged.
- Click the Back button to return to the Account Screen.
- The Save PDF button just saves a copy of the statement to the Account and does not email the Contact
- The Send Email button sends an email with the PDF as an attachment as well as saves the PDF as an attachment to the Files related list on the Account record.
- The email templates can be modified to say what you would like.
- To have CC addresses automatically populate, the contact roles must first be set up with a role of Billing Contact. This Billing Contact role type must be added before adding any contacts as a contact role.
- Organization-wide email addresses are supported. If an org-wide email is set up, it will be an option to choose as the from sender instead of the user’s email.