Accounting Seed allows you to create your own custom PDF formats to override the standard formats. The look of a PDF format can be completely customized by creating your own Visualforce page that overrides the standard formats.
Create your own Visualforce Page
To create your own Visualforce page to display a totally custom format, follow these steps:
- From the Force.com Menu, expand the Develop menu (Under Build section).
- Click Visualforce Pages.
- Click the New button.
- Populate the Label and Name fields.
- Add a Description if applicable.
- Populate the Visualforce Markup tab.
- Click Save.
Once saved you can now use this Visualforce Page in any of your PDF Format records.
Set up your own PDF format
- Navigate to the PDF Formats tab.
- Click the New button and populate the following fields:
- PDF Format Name (The name of the format to be used on the Billing record)
- Type (Billing, Purchase Order, Activity Statement, Outstanding Statement, or Packing Slip)
- Visualforce PDF Page (The API name of the Visualforce page used to generate the PDF)
- Sort Field (The API name of the field to be used to sort the Billing Lines by)
- Default Email Template (The API name of the Email Template)
- Reply To Email (The email address for a reply once a billing email has been sent)
- Company Name (If the Company fields are left blank, it will pull through this information that is setup in Salesforce)
- Company Street
- Company City
- Company State
- Company Postal Code
- Company Country
- Currency Format (This sets the currency symbol and number of decimal places. For a dollar symbol and 2 decimal places, use the following: $###,###,###,##0.00)
- Numeric Format (This sets the number of decimal places for numeric fields like the quantity field. Enter 0.00 for 2 decimal places)
- Image (The logo you want to appear on the PDF header)
- Footer (Any text you want to appear in the PDF footer)
Sample Visualforce Pages
We have included text files containing the Visualforce Markup for examples of our PDFs.
We updated these with our new modern templates, available in our current Echinacea release. For previous release versions, please click on the attachments at the bottom of this article.