Accounting Seed allows you to create your own custom PDF formats to override the standard formats. The look of a PDF format can be completely customized by creating your own Visualforce page that overrides the standard formats.
Create your own Visualforce Page
To create your own Visualforce page to display a totally custom format, follow these steps:
- From the Force.com Menu, expand the Develop menu (Under Build section).
- Click Pages.
- Click the New button.
- Populate the Label and Name fields.
- Add a Description if applicable.
- Populate the Visualforce Markup tab.
- Click Save.
Once saved you can now use this Visualforce Page in any of your PDF Format records.
Set up your own PDF format
- Navigate to the PDF Formats tab.
- Click the New button and populate the following fields:
- PDF Format Name (The name of the format to be used on the Billing record)
- Type (Billing, Purchase Order, Activity Statement, Outstanding Statement, or Packing Slip)
- Visualforce PDF Page (The API name of the Visualforce page used to generate the PDF)
- Sort Field (The API name of the field to be used to sort the Billing Lines by)
- Default Email Template (The API name of the Email Template)
- Reply To Email (The email address for a reply once a billing email has been sent)
- Company Name
- Company Street
- Company City
- Company State
- Company Postal Code
- Company Country
- Image (The logo you want to appear on the PDF header)
- Footer (Any text you want to appear in the PDF footer)
Sample Visualforce Pages
We have included text files containing the Visualforce Markup for examples of our PDFs.