The Post Settings screen provides the ability to control the posting behavior for the following:
- Cash Receipts – if this setting is turned “On,” Cash Receipts will automatically be posted when created, regardless of their default Posting Status.
- Billing Cash Receipts – if this setting is turned “On,” Billing Cash Receipts will automatically be posted when created.
- AP Disbursements – if this setting is turned “On,” AP Disbursements will automatically be posted when created.
- Amortization Entries – if this setting is turned “On,” Amortization Entries will automatically be posted when created.
- Inventory Movements – if this setting is turned “On,” Inventory Movements will automatically be posted when created. Inventory movements include the following:
Note: The Inventory Movements setting will only display if you have the Orders & Inventory package installed.
- Sales Order Inventory Movement
- Purchase Order Inventory Movement
- Inbound INV Movement
- Outbound INV Movement
- Manufacturing Inventory Movement (Std Cost)
On new Accounting Seed installations, all of the settings in the Post Settings screen default to “On.” For existing users, the “On/Off” toggle for these settings will be set to the current value of the Auto-Post Source Documents field on your org. If this field is currently set to “Off” in your org, when the upgrade completes, these new fields in the Post Settings screen will be set to “Off.” If any of these fields are disabled (set to Off), a Scheduled Post job must be created for the record type(s) in order for the records to post.
Billing/Payable Post Settings
The Post Settings screen also includes the Billing/Payable Post Settings option. The Billing/Payable Post Settings option displays to indicate whether Header Level Posting (HLP) or Line Level Posting (LLP) is enabled.
Note: If this is set to Line Level Posting (LLP), and you want to opt-in to Header Level Posting (HLP), perform the migration steps (AvaTax HLP or AS Native Tax HLP) and then, contact Customer Support to enable the setting.
Note: The Billing/Payable Post Settings cannot be edited on this screen.
Edit the Auto-Post Settings
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Automations menu, click Post Settings. The Automations - Post Settings screen displays.
- If you want to turn off one or more of the Auto-Post settings, click the Pencil icon that displays to the right of Post Settings. Then, click the appropriate button to change the setting to Off. The Confirm message displays.
Important: Remember that if any of these settings are disabled (set to Off), a Scheduled Post job must be created for the record type(s) in order for the records to post.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
Summer '23 Preview 1 Release
- The ability to control the posting behavior based upon the source document type is available with this release.
Is it possible to have Cash Receipt and Billing Cash Receipt auto-post, but NOT have Amortization Entries auto-post?
Please open a case with our Customer Support team. Someone will be happy to assist you with this question.
Please sign in to leave a comment.