The Scheduled Bank Download job allows you to schedule an unattended background program to execute the automatic download of bank records after business hours, overnight, or at any desired time. This unattended background program provides for a more efficient way of processing and may help to minimize the utilization of system resources during business hours.
The Scheduled Bank Download job will automatically download all posted Bank Transactions for all bank accounts that are connected in Bank Direct Connect (BDC). Additionally, based upon the Last Refreshed Date that displays on the BDC - Bank Settings tab and on the BDC - Bank Transactions tab, the Scheduled Bank Download job will review the Bank Transactions as far back as 14 days from the last refreshed date to include any previous pending transactions that have been posted. This 14 day review from the Last Refreshed Date will occur each time the Scheduled Bank Download job runs.
Note: The 14 day review from the Last Refreshed Date will only occur as part of the nightly run of the Scheduled Bank Download job. This will not occur when the Download Now button is clicked.
It is recommended that the Scheduled Bank Download job be scheduled to start after business hours or overnight. When scheduling different jobs to start at later times, the Scheduled Bank Download job should not be scheduled to run at the same time as any other scheduled jobs. In other words, the schedules should be staggered.
In addition to being able to select a Preferred Start Time, you also have the option to start the Scheduled Bank Download immediately, by clicking the Download Now button. This provides a quick and easy way to instantly download all bank transactions.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
Important: Prior to scheduling the Bank Download job at least one bank must be connected to BDC, the bank’s account must be mapped to the appropriate ledger and GL bank account, and all required bank rules must be created.
Note: As part of the Koali release, the Disable Email Confirmation checkbox and the Automated Job Results Retention Period Settings are not applicable to the Scheduled Bank Download job.
Schedule the Bank Download Job
- Navigate to Accounting Settings.
- Click the Automation tab.
- From the Select Job Type drop-down list, select Scheduled Bank Download.
- From the Preferred Start Time drop-down list, select a start time.
Note: Remember that the starting time for this job should not be the same starting time as any other automated scheduled job. Also, the recommendation is to select a starting time that is after business hours or overnight.
- Click Start. The Scheduled Bank Download job line displays.
- Jobs can be scheduled to start in intervals of one hour. Automated scheduled jobs should not be scheduled to start at the same time. For example, if the Preferred Start Time for the Recurring Billing job is set to 2:00 AM, this same time should not be selected for the Scheduled Bank Download job.
- The system will automatically create a new task for failed jobs. You can view tasks from your Homepage or click the Task link from the App launcher.