Auto-Post Source Documents
The Post Settings screen includes the Auto-Post Source Documents setting, which controls the posting behavior for the following record types:
- Cash Receipt
- Billing Cash Receipt
- AP Disbursement
- Amortization Entries
- Sales Order Inventory Movement
- Purchase Order Inventory Movement
- Inbound INV Movement
- Outbound INV Movement
- Manufacturing Inventory Movement (Std Cost).
This setting defaults to “On.” When this setting is enabled (On), the above record types will automatically post after being saved.
If the Auto-Post Source Documents is disabled (set to Off), the posting for these record types will occur as part of the Scheduled Post job for records that are in an “Approved” posting status.
Billing/Payable Post Settings
The Post Settings screen also includes the Billing/Payable Post Settings option. The Billing/Payable Post Settings option displays to indicate whether Header Level Posting (HLP) or Line Level Posting (LLP) is enabled.
Note: If this is set to Line Level Posting (LLP), and you want to opt-in to Header Level Posting (HLP), perform the migration steps (AvaTax HLP or AS Native Tax HLP) and then, contact Customer Support to enable the setting.
Note: The Billing/Payable Post Settings cannot be edited on this screen.
Edit the Auto-Post Settings
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Automations menu, click Post Settings. The Automations - Post Settings screen displays.
- The Auto-Post Source Documents button defaults to On. If you want to turn off this setting, click the Pencil icon that displays to the right of Post Settings. Then, click the button to change the Auto-Post Source Documents to Off. The Confirm message displays.
Important: Remember that if the Auto-Post Source Documents is disabled (set to Off), the posting for the record types listed above in this article will occur as part of the Scheduled Post job for records that are in an “Approved” posting status.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
- This article was new with the Magnolia - Home release.