The Ledger screen allows you to select a Tax Setting for each Transactional Ledger. This is a way to include each Company Code that you have set up in Avalara. Each Tax Setting Name that you created in the Tax Settings screen will be available to select from the Tax Settings drop-down list on the Ledger screen for each Ledger.
If you are using the Accounting Seed Native Tax method, each Tax Setting Name can also be selected from the Tax Settings section of the Ledger screen for each Ledger.
Important: After creating a new Tax Settings record in the Tax Settings screen, it must be associated with a Ledger. If the Tax Settings record is not associated with a Ledger, you will not be able to post/unpost any related transactions.
Edit Tax Settings on a Ledger
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Ledger menu, click Ledgers.
- Click the Ledger Name for which you want to edit/update the Tax Settings information.
- Click Edit. The Edit Ledger dialog box displays.
- From the Tax Settings section, do one of the following:
- If an existing Tax Setting already displays in this field, and you want to change it, click X to remove the existing one. Then click the Lookup icon to search for and select the appropriate one for this Ledger.
- If a Tax Setting does not already display, click the Lookup icon to search for and select the Tax Setting for this Ledger.
Note: When you click the Lookup icon, an option is available to add “New Tax Settings,” if necessary.
- If you are using Avalara’s AvaTax as your sales tax method, enter the Sales Tax Company Code for this Ledger.
Note: If you are using the Accounting Seed Native Tax method, the Sales Tax Company Code field is not applicable. At this point, you can click Save.
Note: The Company Code can be located within Avalara from the Settings drop-down menu and selecting All AvaTax Settings.
- Click Save.
Note: To view a listing of all of your available Ledgers in one central location, which includes the Tax Settings information, refer to the Multi Ledger Defaults article.
Winter '23 Release
- This article was new with the Winter '23 release.
Please sign in to leave a comment.