The Default Bank Account is the GL Account that the majority of payments are made from and is also used for making deposits. When a Cash Receipt is created, this GL Account will automatically be the default GL Account.
Note: Editing the Default Bank Account most likely will be a rare event for your organization. However, if it is necessary to do so, use the steps below. Additionally, the ability to edit the Default Bank Account is based upon your permission level.
Edit the Default Bank Account
When changing the existing Default Bank Account to a new GL Account, the new GL Account must already exist. If you need assistance with creating a new GL Account please refer to the Create a New GL Account article.
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Ledger menu, click Ledgers.
- Select a list view (other than the Recently Viewed list view).
- Select the Ledger Name for which you want to edit the Default Bank Account.
- Click Edit. The Edit dialog box displays.
- Under the Default Banking section, click the X to remove the existing Default Bank Account.
- Search for and select the new Default Bank Account.
- Click Save.
Note: The Default Bank Account can also be edited from the Multi Ledger Defaults screen. For more information, refer to the steps in the Multi Ledger Default article.