The VAT Reporting Settings screen is available if you have Avalara VAT (Value-added Tax) Reporting as the tax method for your org (organization). A Value-added tax (VAT) is a tax that is placed on a product or service whenever value is added at each stage of the supply chain. Avalara has a VAT Reporting system that is a VAT tax return filing solution.
Important: If you are not using the Avalara VAT Reporting as your tax method, but instead are using Avalara AvaTax or AS Native Tax, refer to the Tax Settings article for more information.
Edit the VAT Reporting Settings
Note: The ability to edit the VAT Reporting Settings option will only be available in this screen if you have this extension package installed.
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Utilities menu, click VAT Reporting Settings. The VAT Reporting Settings screen displays.
- Click the Pencil icon to edit the information.
- Avalara VAT Credentials should be located and added for the following fields:
- Avalara VAT Reporting Account ID
- Avalara VAT Reporting License Key
Note: If you have a question about your VAT Reporting Account ID or VAT Reporting License Key, please contact your Avalara representative.
- Avalara VAT Ledger Configuration should be completed for each Ledger Name:
- Default Bank Account
- Default Billing Format
- Billing Activity Statement Format
- Billing Outstanding Statement Format
- Company Code
- VAT Country
- Avalara VAT Reporting Helpful Links include the following:
- Click Save.