The Enablements screen provides the ability to define and make certain system functions operational. These functions include the following:
- Multi-Currency includes the Enable Multi-Currency button, which initially defaults to “Off.” If you have Multi-Currency, once the process to Enable Multi-Currency has been completed, this button will display as “On.” For more information, refer to the Enable Multi-Currency article.
Note: The Enable Multi-Currency is a read-only field, which can not be edited on this screen.
Note: The Enable Multi-Currency field will only display if you have this additional feature.
- Accounts Receivable Period Sensitive Aging allows for the creation of AR Aging reports as of the end of any given prior Accounting Period. This button initially defaults to “Off.” Most clients will want to set this button to “On” in expectation of being audited by external auditors or investors. This utility tracks the balances of all unpaid Billings at the end of a specific Accounting Period.
Note: When the button is set to “On,” any Accounting Period that is already closed must be reopened and then reclosed before an AR Aging report can be created for that period.
- Accounts Payable Period Sensitive Aging allows for the creation of AP Aging reports as of the end of any given Accounting Period. This button initially defaults to “Off.” Most clients will want to set this button to “On” in expectation of being audited by external auditors or investors. This utility tracks the balances of all unpaid Payables at the end of a specific Accounting Period.
Note: When the button is set to “On,” any Accounting Period that is already closed must be reopened and then reclosed before an AP Aging report can be created for that period.
- Default Billing Date from an Opportunity relates to the Billing Date when creating a Billing or a Recurring Billing from an Opportunity. When the ”Set Billing Date to Current Date” Swipe button is turned “On,” and the Create Billing button on the Opportunity page is clicked, the Billing Date and Date on the Billing Line(s) will default to today’s date. Additionally, if the button is set to “On,” and the Create Recurring Billing button is clicked on the Opportunity page, the Next Billing Date and the Date on the Recurring Billing Line(s) will default to today’s date. If this button is set to “Off,” which is the default, the system will use the Close Date on the Opportunity instead of today’s date.
- Credit Memo Default for Billings & Payables relates to the Clone as Credit Memo checkbox that is on the Clone w/Lines intermediate screen on Billings & Payables. This setting identifies the field that will be set as negative when cloning a Credit Memo. The default is set for the Amount to display as the negative of the Unit Price on the Billing and Payable. The radio button can be changed to set the Quantity as negative when cloning a Credit Memo.
- Product Costing enables the Inventory Movements and Inventory Costing for products. When this button is set to “On," which is the default (if ERP is installed), a sale of an Inventory Product will debit the Cost of Goods Sold and credit the Inventory. Additionally, the Product Costing section displays the Inventory Valuation Method in this screen to indicate whether Average Cost or Standard Cost is the method being used. The Inventory Valuation Method is a read-only field in this screen and can only be updated by our Customer Support Team.
- Time Card Settings include the Display Billable Flag in Time Card Entry button, which defaults to “On.” When this button is set to “On,” the Billable checkbox will display on time cards for selecting on individual time card lines to show a line as billable. Additionally, the Label for Time Card Variable 1-2 is available in this screen, and is used to display the Time Card Variable in the Time Card screen. Time Card Variables 1 and 2 are used in coordination with setting up Accounting Variables.
- Cash Flow Statement includes the Enabled Cash Flow Statement button, which defaults to “Off.” When this button is set to “On,” it provides the ability to run the Cash Flow Statement Report. This section also includes the default Cash Flow Categories. The categories selected here will automatically populate on records that are created after this setting has been turned on. The Cash Flow Statement summarizes the amount of cash and cash equivalents that enter and exit a ledger. The Cash Flow Statement requires that All Cash Receipts, Cash Disbursements, and a subset of Journal Entry Lines must have a Cash Flow Category field populated. The Cash Flow Statement creates and manages a set of Financial Cubes and may result in additional data storage.
Important: If you are activating this feature after your initial Go Live, the feature cannot generate a Cash Flow Statement until the accounting year following the year you activate the feature. This is because all cash related transactions (Cash Disbursements, Cash Receipts and Journal Entries to a cash account) in a fiscal year are required to be tagged with a Cash Flow category in order to generate a Cash Flow Statement.
If the Cash Flow Statement is enabled (set to on) in this screen, a new set of GL Account records to categorize Cash Flow Statement records will be created and the Cash Flow Statement will be enabled in your Salesforce org (organization).
The Cash Flow Statement section includes the following options for adding default categories:
- Default Cash Disbursement Category - used to categorize Cash Disbursements on the Cash Flow Statement
- Default Cash Receipt Category - Use to categorize Cash Receipts on the Cash Flow Statement
- Default Journal Entry Line Category - use to categorize Journal Entry Lines related to Bank Accounts on the Cash Flow Statement
Edit the Enablements
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Configurations menu, click Enablements. The Configurations - Enablements screen displays.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
- Click the Pencil icon that displays to the right of Enablements. Then, edit information on this screen, as necessary. For example, in the sample screen below, the Enable AR Period Sensitive Aging and Enable AP Period Sensitive Aging buttons were clicked to turn on this functionality.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
- Click Save.
Summer ’22 Release
- With the Summer '22 release, the Enablements screen includes the new "Default Billing from an Opportunity" section.
- This article was new with the Magnolia - Home release.