Accounting Seed is delighted to inform you of our Lily release. This article presents information about the new features and enhancements available in the Lily release, including steps for Configuration changes, where necessary.
To best understand how to use these new features and enhancements within your business it is important that you first test the Lily release in your sandbox environment. Follow the links below to learn more about each update. For more information on best practices with testing sandboxes, refer to Sandboxes: Staging Environments for Customizing and Testing and Considerations for Creating Sandboxes with Accounting Seed Data.
To print a copy of the Lily Release Notes, right-click and select Print. In the Destination drop-down list, select a specific printer name or select Save as PDF. Then, click Save.
Our Lily release has been deployed to all sandbox environments based upon the Release Schedule. This release will not be automatically pushed to your production environments. The Lily release for production environments will be available by request in late August, 2021. When you are ready to make the Lily release available in your production environment, please contact Customer Support by creating a case in our Customer Support Community to request the installation link.
- Financial Reporter
- Bank Direct Connect Enhancement
- Cash In Enhancements
- Cash Out Enhancement
- Orders & Inventory Enhancement
- Additional Enhancements/Changes
Accounting Seed has implemented a new redesign version of Financial Reporter, with integrated Lightning user experience. The Lily release focuses on the enhanced functionality to our Financial Reporter. Highlights of the new Financial Reporter include:
- Reports with direct access into the Ledger Inquiry
- Report Settings that provide the ability to include information such as your company name, logo, and subtitles on reports
- Navigation directly from Custom Reports to manage your Financial Statement Definitions
- The ability to mass delete generated reports directly from the Reports page
- The ability to automatically Suppress Zero Amount Rows on reports, which for your convenience is automatically set as the default
- Direct access with a click of an icon to Management Reports and the Accounting Dashboard from Financial Reporter
- Values on reports can be rounded as whole numbers, to the nearest 1000, or no rounding at all
- Easy access for exporting reports into an Excel spreadsheet or to create a PDF version
- Expand All and Collapse All row capabilities in the Review Viewer
- Help icon from the Standard Reports tab, Custom Reports tab, and Report Settings tab with direct access to the related knowledge articles.
- New Financial Reporter is only available for the Lightning UI.
- My Domain in Salesforce must be enabled. To learn more, view the Salesforce My Domain knowledge article.
Financial Reports - Standard Reports
Accounting Seed provides pre-configured Standard Financial Reports, which can be filtered using criteria such as Ledger, Accounting Periods, GL Variables, Suppress Zero Amount Rows, and Report Rounding. These Standard Reports include: Profit & Loss, Profit & Loss versus Budget, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, and the Cash Flow Statement. Once criteria has been entered for a Standard Report, clicking the Run button allows a report to be generated. While the generation is in progress, the report will display in the Reports data grid with a status of “Running.” When the report is ready for viewing, the status changes to “Complete.”
Up to 25 reports per page can display in the Reports data grid of Financial Reporter for the reports that are listed below. If more than 25 reports are available, you can click the next page number or click Next to view an additional page(s) of reports. Additionally, the Reports data grid includes hyperlinks to other records such as to the Ledger, the Accounting Period, and the User record in Salesforce for the person who created the report.
Note: Up to 50 transactions per page will display in the Report Results data grid on the Ledger Inquiry Report. If more than 50 transactions are available, you can click the next page number or click Next to view additional results.
- Profit & Loss
- Profit & Loss versus Budget
- Balance Sheet
- Trial Balance
- Cash Flow Statement
After you run a Standard Report and the report completes in the Reports data grid, you can click a Report Number hyperlink to display the actual report in the Report Viewer. The Report Viewer will display in a separate browser tab. The Profit & Loss, Profit & Loss versus Budget, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, and Cash Flow Report can be displayed in the Report Viewer.
When you view a report, you can click the More Information drop-down menu to display additional information such as Ledger, Starting and Ending Accounting Period, as well as who created the report. Available information in this section displays based upon the selected report. Additionally, if you have multi-currency enabled, the Currency is also included in the More Information section.
When viewing a Standard Report, keep the following points in mind:
- If a Report Subtitle was added, it will display in the Report Viewer directly under the report name. You can click the Pencil icon to modify the subtitle, if necessary.
- The Expand All and Collapse All hyperlinks are available for the report. Collapse All is the default for Standard Reports. Click Expand All to review all available rows on a report. Otherwise, you can click the left arrow to expand or collapse individual rows.
Note: Expand All/Collapse All is not applicable for the Trial Balance Report.
- Standard Reports can be exported to an Excel spreadsheet and/or a PDF version can be created.
- In the Report Viewer, the left pane on the report is frozen. This is very helpful when you need to scroll to the right on a report. The frozen left pane allows you to continue to view the content in the left pane for matching the values with the correct information.
- If transactions were posted during an Accounting Period(s), values on the report columns will display as a hyperlink(s). These links can be clicked to access the details on the Ledger Inquiry. Then, from the Report Results data grid on the Ledger Inquiry, you can drill-down into specific transactions.
Note: If you click a hyperlink value from the Cash Flow Report, the Financial Report Transactions screen will display (rather than the Ledger Inquiry).
- If no data is available for the entered criteria, a message displays to indicate that there are no posted transactions for the selected criteria.
- The maximum number of cells that a Standard Report can have is 5,000. If a report contains more than 5,000 cells, the system will hide all zero rows to make the result count of cells less than 5,000 (if the Suppress Zero Amount Rows checkbox was not selected). If the remaining results are less than 5,000 the report will be generated. If the Suppress Zero Amount Rows checkbox was selected, and more than 5,000 cells are included in the result count, the following message displays: “The report has too many rows for the start and end periods selected. Please select a new start and/or end period that limits the period range.”
Available field information on Standard Reports in Financial Reporter include the following:
- Profit & Loss - Required fields on this report include the Ledger, as well as a Starting Accounting Period and Ending Accounting Period. Optional fields are the ability to include a Sub Type 1 and/or 2, Suppress Zero Amount Rows, Report Subtitle, and Report Rounding. Additionally, GL Variables 1-4 are available on this report. The Profit & Loss Report is also the default report that displays when you access Financial Reporter.
- Profit & Loss versus Budget - Required fields on this report include the Transactional Ledger, Budget Ledger, Starting Accounting Period, and Ending Accounting Period. Optional fields are the ability to include Sub Type 1 and/or 2, Suppress Zero Amount Rows, Show All Periods, Report Subtitle, and Report Rounding. Additionally, GL Variables 1-4 can be included on this report.
- Balance Sheet - Required fields on this report include the Ledger, Starting Accounting Period and Ending Accounting Period. Optional fields are the ability to include Stub Type 2, Suppress Zero Amount Rows, Report Subtitle, and Report Rounding.
- Trial Balance - Required fields include the Ledger and the Accounting Period. Optional fields on the report are Suppress Zero Amount Rows and Report Subtitle.
- Cash Flow Statement - Required fields include the Ledger and the Accounting Period. Optional fields on this report are Show All Periods, Suppress Zero Amount Rows, Report Subtitle, and Report Rounding.
Note: Prior to running the Cash Flow Statement, the Enable Cash Flow Statement set to "On."
- Ledger Inquiry - Required fields are the Ledger, Starting Accounting Period and Ending Accounting Period. Optional fields are the ability to include a GL Account, one or more Source selections, an Aggregate By selection and the GL Variables 1-4. Additionally, when a Revenue or Expense GL Account is selected in the GL Account field, the following fields will be enabled on the report: Project, Project Task, Product, and Account.
Financial Reports - Custom Reports
The Custom Reports tab in Financial Reporter allows you to search for and select a report name that you created using the Financial Statement Definitions process. Additionally, Financial Statement Definitions can be managed and accessed directly from the Custom Report tab by selecting the Manage Report Definitions button.
Custom Reports are reports that you create based upon Financial Statement Definitions, which you set up using Financial Statement Columns and Financial Statement Rows. The columns and rows allow you to determine the elements and dimensions to include on a report.
Important: If you have Custom Reports that were created prior to the Lily release, you might want to run the reports, export to PDF and tweak the Indent value so the rows display correctly in the new Report Viewer and on the PDF file. The Financial Statement Rows article includes information on the functionality of indents with the new Financial Reporter.
Required fields on the Custom Reports tab in the Financial Reporter include the Select Report (report name lookup to Financial Statement Definitions) and the Starting Accounting Period. Optional fields on this tab include the Suppress Zero Amount Rows and the Report Subtitle. With criteria selected, the Run button can be clicked to generate and display the Report Number in the Reports data grid at the bottom of the screen. Up to 25 Custom Reports per page can display in the Reports data grid within the Financial Reporter. If more than 25 reports are available, you can click the next page number or click Next to view an additional page(s) of reports. Additionally, the Reports data grid includes hyperlinks to other records such as to the Accounting Period, the Report Name (Financial Statement Definition record) and the User record in Salesforce for the person who created the report.
From the Reports data grid, reports that are in a Complete status can be clicked to view in the Report Viewer. If transactions were posted during an Accounting Period(s), values on the report columns will display as a hyperlink(s). These links can be clicked to access the details on the Ledger Inquiry. From the Ledger Inquiry, you can drill-down into specific transactions.
When you view a Custom Report, you can click the More Information drop-down menu to display additional information such as Ledger, Starting and Ending Accounting Period, as well as who created the report. The More Information section includes hyperlinks to view detailed record information. Additionally, from the Report Viewer in the new Financial Reporter you are able to export an Excel spreadsheet of a Custom Report, as well as create a PDF version of a report.
Financial Reports - Report Settings
The new Financial Reporter includes a Report Settings tab, which can be used to make selections and adjustments to appearance preferences on the Standard Reports. This provides a way to control some of the settings for what can/cannot display on reports. Preferences in the settings include information such as being able to add your company name and upload a logo to display on Standard Reports. Additionally, you can determine if the settings should be duplicated on all Ledgers. The Report Settings that you select will be reflected on the following Standard Reports:
- Profit & Loss
- Profit & Loss vs. Budget
- Balance Sheet
- Trial Balance
- Cash Flow.
Note: The Report Settings tab is only applicable to the Standard Reports. This tab does not apply to Custom Reports.
Financial Reporter API Enhancements
Our Financial Reporter API (Application Programming Interface) has been enhanced to support the new redesigned version. For more information, refer to the Accounting Seed API Documentation.
Bank Direct Connect Enhancement
Map a Financial Institution Account (FIA) with a Foreign Currency
Bank Direct Connect - Bank Settings
With the Lily release, Bank Settings allows you to map a Financial Institution Account (FIA) with a foreign currency to a Ledger that has a different currency. For example, the currency for the FIA might be CAD and the Ledger’s currency is USD. Using this example, the USD Ledger can be selected from the Ledger drop-down list for mapping the FIA with CAD currency. The ability to map to a different Ledger allows for foreign Bank Transactions to be downloaded from Yodlee. Foreign Bank Transactions consist of transactions that are in a different currency than the Ledger currency. Source records created from foreign Bank Transactions or matched to them will be in the same currency as the foreign Bank Transactions. The GL transactions created from the source records will be converted into the currency of the Ledger.
Bank Direct Connect - All Bank Transactions
Bank Direct Connect - Unmatched Bank Transactions
If you download foreign Bank Transactions from Yodlee and have a Financial Institution Account (FIA) mapped in Bank Settings to a different Ledger, the Amount that displays for each row in the data grid is based upon the currency of the FIA. However, the GL transactions created from the source records will be converted into the currency of the Ledger. Additionally, for potential matches to source records, the FIA currency and the Ledger currency must be the same.
Cash In Enhancements
Clone a Billing as a Credit Memo
Clone a Billing as a Credit Memo
With the Lily release, you can now quickly and easily clone an existing Billing as a Credit Memo. From a Billing record, when you click the Clone w/Lines button, a new “Clone as Credit Memo” checkbox will be available in the Clone Billing intermediate screen to make a clone of the Billing as a Credit Memo.
Recurring Billings - Revenue GL Account defaults
Set up a Recurring Billing
When setting up a New Recurring Billing Line, the Revenue GL Account is no longer a required field with the Lily release. Since this is now an optional field, if you leave it blank, when the Recurring Billing Line is saved, if a Product was added on the line and it includes a Revenue GL Account, it will populate from the Product. Otherwise, the Revenue GL Account number will automatically populate from the Revenue GL Account field that was entered in Default GL Accounts.
Existing users will need to uncheck the Required field for the Revenue GL Account on the Recurring Billing Line page layout.
- Access the Recurring Billing Line page layout
- Scroll to the Revenue GL Account and click the Wrench icon to edit Properties.
- De-select the Required checkbox and click OK.
- Click Save.
Cash Out Enhancement
Clone a Payable as a Credit Memo
Create a Vendor Credit Memo
With the Lily release, you can clone an existing Payable as a Credit Memo. From a Payable record, when you click the Clone w/Lines button, a new “Clone as Credit Memo” checkbox will be available in the Clone Payable intermediate screen to make a clone of the Payable as a Credit Memo.
Orders & Inventory Enhancement
Edits on Specific fields when Inbound Inventory & Outbound Inventory Movements are unposted
Inbound/Outbound Inventory Movements and Inventory Adjustments
If the Auto-Post Source Documents checkbox on the Post Setting, the following fields on unposted Accounting Inbound Inventory Movements (IIMs) and unposted Outbound Inventory Movements (OIMs) can now be edited:
- Project Task
- Credit GL Account
- Debit GL Account
- GL Account Variable 1-4.
These fields cannot be edited if the IIM or OIM record has been posted.
Note: This enhancement is only applicable for Weighted-Average Cost.
With the Lily release, you can now clone a Tax Group and include the associated Tax Rates. This will be a timesaver when creating additional Tax Groups without having to start from scratch.
Existing users will need to add the Clone w/Tax Rates button to the Tax Group page layout.
- Access the Tax Group page layout.
- Click Mobile & Lightning Actions.
- Drag and drop the Clone w/Tax Rates button under the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions.
- Click Save.
Closed Accounting Periods Email
Open and Close Accounting Periods
The confirmation email that is sent to the user who closes an Accounting Period(s) when the closing process completes will now include a Transaction Count for each closed period.
Expense Report Line hyperlink
Create an Expense Report
The Line column on the Expense Report Line related list is now a hyperlink that looks up to the Expense Line record for viewing additional details. Additionally, from the Expense Line record, the Related tab includes the ability to add and upload files.
GL Accounts and GL Accounting Variables Limit
Accounting Seed will be implementing certain limits on the number of GL Accounts and GL Accounting Variables that can initially be added. More details will be coming soon.
Project Task defaults from Account
As part of the Lily release, if the Project that a Project Task is associated with has an Account that includes one or more GL Account Variables, when the task is saved, the variables will automatically display on the Project Task from the Account record. If a GL Account Variable(s) is added to the New Project Task dialog box for saving on the new task, it will not be overridden by the GL Account Variable(s) from the Account record.
- Information added to the Reference field on the Pay Batch screen now displays as required in the Cash Disbursement’s Reference field.
- In the prior release, a Cash Disbursement created from the Pay process was set to void, the Payable paid with a discount was throwing an incorrect error. This issue has been corrected.
Over Apply Business Rule Changes
To accommodate more customer usage cases, we have made modifications to the following Over Apply System Business Rules.
Billing Type = Invoice - (this rule was addressed in the Koali release) to prevent the over application of a Billing being applied to, the formula is: Billing’s Total must be greater than or equal to the sum of the Billing’s Received Amount, Adjustment Amount and Credit Memo Applied Amount.
Billing Type = Credit Memo - to prevent the over application of a Credit Memo, the formula is: Credit Memo’s Total must be less than or equal to the sum of the Credit Memo’s Received Amount, Adjustment Amount and Credit Memo Applied Amount.
Payable Type = Invoice - to prevent the over application of a Payable being applied to, the formula is: Total - Discount Amount - (IF(Reverse-Apply,Purchase_Tax3__c,0) >= (Paid Amount + Credit Memo Applied Amount).
Payable Type = Credit Memo - to prevent the over-application of a Credit Memo, the formula is: Total - Discount Amount < (Paid Amount + Credit Memo Applied Amount).
Billing Credit Memo and Payable Credit Memo objects: Both positive and negative amounts can be entered into the Applied Amount field when created manually.
Note: Entering a negative amount is not currently supported on the Apply screens.
- The “Adjustment GL Account required” error message in the Cash Receipt Apply screen when entering a negative Adjustment Amount and using the right arrow to populate the Received Amount has been corrected.
- “The billing balance cannot be less than 0” error message displayed when the Adjustment Amount was entered after the Received Amount. With the Lily release, you can populate the Received Amount field, then enter an Adjustment Amount. The Received Amount is recalculated after deducting the Adjustment Amount entered.
- In the previous release, making multiple applications on the Apply screen required an interim “Save & Refresh” to avoid an erroneous “Balance cannot be less than 0” error message. This has now been corrected on the Cash and Credit Memo Apply screens.
- A correction was added to address amounts that display with fifteen decimal places in the Received Amount field (Cash Receipt Apply) or Applied Amount field (Credit Memo or Cash Disbursement Apply).
- The Applied Amount and Balance on the Apply screens headers no longer display as absolute values.
Custom Financial Report Error
A check has been added to ensure that when a GL Account Reporting Group is added to a Custom Report’s Financial Statement Row record, it must have at least one GL Account.
Cash Disbursement Batch synchronous post limit
The Cash Disbursement Batch’s synchronous post limit has been set to 99 Cash Disbursements due to an Apex CPU Time Limit error. If you attempt to post a Cash Disbursement Batch with greater than or equal to 100 Cash Disbursements, the posting is performed asynchronously.
Bank Direct Connect:
- On a single Ledger org (organization), the Import File wizard now pre-populates the Ledger. On a Multi-Ledger org the user’s default Ledger is pre-populated.
- When created using Automated Add, the Journal Entry had the Cleared Date populated on both lines. With the correction, the Cleared Date is populated only on the “Bank GL Account” Journal Entry Line.
Billing from Recurring Billing: A Billing is created successfully from a Recurring Billing regardless of the Status of the original Opportunity.
Orders and Inventory:
- With Standard Cost, the Initial Receive Date on the Purchase Order is now set to today’s date when the Purchase Order is received via the API.
- An FLS (Field Level Security) error message displayed when attempting to generate a Purchase Order or Shipment PDF file. This has been corrected.
- The “URL No Longer Exists” has now been corrected and the Purchase Order PDF is shown correctly when the VisualForce page is from an external package.
A value entered in the Create Payment screen’s Description field will be populated on the Cash Receipt’s Description field.
Unable to delete a GL Account if it has Child Relationships
A validation that prevented the deletion of a GL Account with child relationships to a non-Accounting Seed field has been removed. Any customer fields will now be excluded from the validated set of child relationship fields.
Create Statement error message for Person Accounts
Emailing statements for Person Accounts previously caused an erroneous permissions error message to display; this has now been rectified.
Posting Errors from Scheduled Job generate many tasks per Source Record
An issue with the Scheduled Post job creating multiple task records for unposted records in a closed Accounting Period has been addressed. The job will no longer create multiple tasks for every record that it could not post. Instead, a single task is created for each record that could not be posted every time the job runs. The recommendation is to set any records that need to be left unposted in a closed Accounting Period to a Posting Status other than “Approved” so that the job ignores those records and does not create tasks.