When a Billing, which is a Customer invoice (Account Receivable) has been created, this can be cloned as a Credit Memo.
Clone a Billing as a Credit Memo
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Create Entries tab. Then, under the Revenues menu, click Billings.
- Select a list view (other than the Recently Viewed list view).
- Click the Billing that you want to clone as a Credit Memo. Otherwise, just create a new Billing from scratch.
- If an existing Billing is selected, on the Billing page, click Clone w/ Lines. The Clone Billing intermediate screen displays.
- Enter the Billing Date for the new Credit Memo.
- Click the Clone as Credit Memo checkbox.
Note: The Clone as Credit Memo checkbox will only display if you initially selected a Billing invoice. If you selected an existing Credit Memo, this checkbox will not be available.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
Note: If you have Multi-Currency enabled, the Currency drop-list will display on the Clone Billing intermediate screen. If you change the currency for the Credit Memo, the Amounts will be the same as the original Billing, they are not converted to the new currency. However, the Ledger Amount will display in the currency of the Ledger.
- Click Clone Billing. The Edit dialog box for the new Credit Memo displays.
- Edit/update the information, as needed.
- Click Save.
- If you need to edit the amount on a line, scroll to the Billing Line(s) related list and click Mass Add/Edit Rows. Then, make changes, as necessary.
- The Billing Line(s) will display the Quantity as a negative number or the Unit Price as negative, depending upon your setup for this option in the Enablements screen.
- The Billing Line(s) will display the Quantity as a negative number or the Unit Price as a negative value, depending upon your setup for this option in the Enablements screen.
- This article was new with the Lily release.