Using the new Bank Transactions user interface (UI), when you connect to a Financial Institution Account (FIA), the downloaded Bank Transaction records are actually created and remain in the system. Therefore, you will no longer need to reconnect to an FIA to view Bank Transactions that were previously downloaded.
For each FIA, you have an immediate view of banking information such as the Financial Institution Account’s Currency, Current Balance, and Available Balance, as well as the mapped Bank GL Account and Ledger. You also have immediate visibility into when your banking information was Last Refreshed, as well as when the new Scheduled Bank Download job was Last Run and able to download Bank Transactions.
The Bank Transactions are not source records. Therefore, these transactions have no impact on the General Ledger unless they are actually added as a source record or matched to an existing source record.
When you initially access the Bank Transactions tab, the Bank and Credit Card Transactions section display in the top portion of the screen.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
The top portion of the Bank Transactions tab includes the following information:
- Financial Institution Account - a drop-down list to select a specific financial institution. Transactions will display on this screen based upon the selected financial institution.
Note: If the Financial Institution Account drop-down list displays with blanks, access the BDC – Bank Settings tab, and wait until the screen completely loads. Then, return to the BDC – Bank Transactions tab and refresh the page. Your Financial Institution Accounts (FIAs) should display in the drop-down list.
- Bank GL Account - displays the Bank GL Account that is associated with the selected financial institution.
- Financial Institution Account Currency - identifies the currency that is associated with the Bank GL Account.
- Ledger - identifies the General Ledger name that is associated with the Bank GL Account.
- Current Balance - indicates the amount that is currently in the selected bank account.
- Available Balance - displays the actual amount that is available in the selected bank account. Current Balance and Available Balance can differ based upon an item(s) such as a pending transaction.
- Yodlee Database Last Refresh Date - represents when our service provider (Yodlee) last updated their database with information from their connected banks.
Note: If Last Refreshed is not being updated as expected or the actual Transaction Dates are not updating as expected, you might need to refresh your credentials. This can be done by accessing the Bank Settings tab, clicking Edit, and re-entering your Username and Password. Then, click Submit. After your credentials have been refreshed, you can click Update All to instantly connect for on-demand downloading of Bank Transactions from all of your financial institutions.
The top portion of the Bank Transactions tab also includes the following two buttons:
- Update All - provides the ability to instantly connect for on-demand downloading of Bank Transactions from all of your financial institutions.
- Import File - allows you to import transactions from your bank or credit card vendors directly into Accounting Seed. Accounting Seed supports the following file formats that are used by most banks: OFX and QFX. For more information, refer to the BDC - Financial File Import article.
- This article is new with the Jasmine release.