Important: For the Spring ‘23 releases, existing Accounting Seed users must enable Track Activities (Allow Activities) on the following 3 objects in your sandbox and production orgs prior to installing the release:
- Billing Aging History
- AP Aging History
- Uncleared Bank Reconciliation
View the video below to learn how to enable Track Activities (Allow Activities).
Additionally, you can use the steps below in this article to enable Track Activities (Allow Activities).
The Allow Activities option enables the ability to check the activities that are associated with an object. Enabling Field History Tracking provides a running log to view modifications that occurred to fields on a record. This is a quick and easy way to determine which user made changes to a field and to see exactly what was changed in the field. You can view the field changes based upon the following:
- Original Value
- New Value
In the sample screen below, you can view information that might be helpful such as the user name, the field name that was changed, as well as the original and new values.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
Important: The Allow Activities and the Track Field History checkboxes must be selected on all Accounting Seed objects before installing a new release. Allow Activities is the same thing as Track Activities.
Enable Field History Tracking and Allow Activities
The screen captures in the steps below focuses in on how to enable Field History Tracking on the Billing object. However, these same steps can also be used to enable the Allow Activities option, and to enable these options on any other Accounting Seed object.
- Click the Gear icon and select Setup.
- Click the Object Manager tab.
- In the Quick Find search textbox, enter the name of the object that you want to enable Field History Tracking. In the sample screen below "Billing" was entered.
- Click the appropriate object hyperlink. The selected object displays with the Details screen.
- Click Edit.
- Scroll down the page to the Optional Features section. Then, click the Track Field History and Allow Activities (same as Track Activities) checkboxes.
- Click Save.