The Allow Activities option enables the ability to check the activities that are associated with an object. Enabling Field History Tracking provides a running log to view modifications that occurred to fields on a record. This is a quick and easy way to determine which user made changes to a field and to see exactly what was changed in the field. You can view the field changes based upon the following:
- Original Value
- New Value
In the sample screen below, you can view information that might be helpful such as the user name, the field name that was changed, as well as the original and new values.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
Important: Starting with the Iris release, the Allow Activities and the Track Field History checkboxes must be selected on all Accounting Seed objects before installing the new release.
Enable Field History Tracking and Allow Activities
The screen captures in the steps below focuses in on how to enable Field History Tracking on the Billing object. However, these same steps can also be used to enable the Allow Activities option, and to enable these options on any other Accounting Seed object.
- Click the Gear icon and select Setup.
- Click the Object Manager tab.
- In the Quick Find search textbox, enter the name of the object that you want to enable Field History Tracking. In the sample screen below "Billing" was entered.
- Click the appropriate object hyperlink. The selected object displays with the Details screen.
- Click Edit.
- Scroll down the page to the Optional Features section. Then, click the Track Field History checkbox.
- Click Save.
Important: As mentioned above, starting with the Iris release, the Allow Activities and the Track Field History checkboxes must be selected on all Accounting Seed objects before installing the new release.