Once the Billing PDF emails have been sent, you will receive a summary email with the Billing email results. If the results indicate that one or more emails were undelivered, you can create a custom report to view those emails.
Note: For information about automating the email Billing process, refer to the Automate Email Billings knowledge article.
Create a Report to view undelivered Billing Emails
- Click the Gear icon and select Setup.
- From the Quick Find search textbox, enter Report Types.
- Select the Report Types hyperlink.
- Click Continue.
- Click New Custom Report Type.
- Complete the following:
- From the Primary Object drop-down list, select Billings.
- Enter Billings with Bounced Emails in the Report Type Label. Then, press Tab to display the Report Type Name.
- Enter a Description.
- From the Store in Category drop-down list, select Other Reports.
Note: Since this report is in the process of being created, for now you want to leave the In Development radio button selected. Once the report is completed and you want to make it available to other users, you can select the Deployed radio button, which is in a step at the end of this article.
- Click Next.
- Click Save.
- From the Fields Available for Reports section, click Edit Layout.
- On the right portion of the screen, click the Add fields related via lookup hyperlink.
- Click the Shipping Contact hyperlink.
- Select the following fields to include on the report:
- Email Bounced Date
- Email Bounced Reason
- Full Name
- Is Email Bounced.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
Return to top
- To create a report based upon the new Report Type, from Accounting Home, under Reporting, select Management Reports.
- Click New Report.
- In the Lookup search textbox, enter Billings with Bounced Emails, which is the name of the new Report Type that you created.
- Select the Report Type and click Continue.
- Click the right arrow to expand the Fields panel.
The added fields display at the bottom of the Fields list.
- In the Add Column search textbox, enter the name of each new column to add to the report.
- Click All Billings and All Time.
- Click Filters to add a new filter.
- To view undelivered emails only, add a filter for Shipping Contact: Is Email Bounced and leave the default as True.
- Click Apply.
Note: Any emails that were undelivered (bounced) will display on the report with the Billing Number, Email address, Full Name, Email Bounced Date, and Email Bounced Reason.
- To view the most recent undelivered emails, click Outline to group rows by Shipping Contact Email Bounced Date. Click the up arrow to change the sort order to Descending.
Note: Group by Rows instead of Columns.
- To save the new report, click Save or Save & Run.
- Complete the Save Report dialog box, including selecting the folder where you want the report to display. Then, click Save again.
Note: When you run the report, a Billing number hyperlink displays for each undelivered email, which you can click to review Billing Contact information and update, as necessary.
- After the custom report has been configured in accordance with your needs, to make the Report Type available for other users, return to the Report Type and deploy it. Complete steps 1-4 above to access the new Report Type.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Deployed radio button.
- Click Save. The new Report Type is now available for other users to run.