Adding a new picklist value is quick and easy to save and complete. Use the steps below to add a new value to a picklist.
Note: The steps below display how to add a new picklist value on the Recurring Journal Entry object. However, the same steps can be used to add a new picklist value on other objects.
Add a New Picklist Value
- Display a record in the object that you want to add a new picklist value. For example, display a Recurring Journal Entry record.
- Click the Gear icon and select Edit Object.
- Select Fields & Relationships.
- Click the Field Label name for which you want to add a new picklist value. In the example below, Journal Entry Frequency was selected.
- Scroll down the page, and under Values, click New.
- Add the new picklist value(s). In the example below, Weekly was added as the new picklist value.
- Click Save.
- Depending upon the new value that you added, you might want to reorder the picklist selections. Click Reorder.
Note: In the example below, Weekly was added to the bottom of the selections, and the list should be reordered to display Weekly as the first option.
- Use the up/down arrows to reorder the list.
- Click Save. The updated list displays.
The new picklist value will be available for records on the selected object. In the example below, the new picklist value (Weekly) is available on a Recurring Journal Entry record.