Use the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job to schedule Journal Entry creation from Donation Opportunities based upon the Preferred Start Time and the Next Run Date.
A daily confirmation email is sent to the email address of the user who created the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job, which indicates the number of records that were processed.
The NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job can be scheduled to run overnight or any other time. There is also a “Run Now” button available to run this job immediately, if necessary.
Once you have the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job created, all Donation Opportunities that meet the following criteria will have Journal Entries created based upon the next run date for this job:
- A Ledger selected in the Accounting Information section on the Donation Opportunity.
- A Settlement Date added to the Donation Opportunity.
- The Settlement Status displays as “Not Processed” on the Donation Opportunity.
- At least one General Accounting Unit (GAU) has been allocated on the Donation Opportunity.
Through the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job the Donation Opportunities that have the same GAU will be consolidated into a single set of Journal Entries when the Journal Entry gets created. Journal Entry Lines will be consolidated into one set of lines when the Settlement Date and/or Ledger dimension on the Donation Opportunity is the same. In addition, Journal Entry Lines will be consolidated into one set of lines when any or all of the dimensions below are the same on the GAUs that are associated with the Donation Opportunity:
- Debit GL Account
- Credit GL Account
- GL Variable 1-4
- Project Task
The NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job creates the Journal Entries with a posting status of “Approved.” The job does not automatically post the Journal Entries.
Best Practice: It is recommended to have the daily Scheduled Post job created in Accounting Settings, which provides the ability for all Journal Entries that have a posting status of “Approved” to automatically post based upon the Next Run Date and Preferred Start Time. The Scheduled Post job should be the last automated job that is scheduled.
Schedule the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries Posting Job
- Navigate to Accounting Settings.
- Click the Automation tab.
- From the Select Job Type drop-down list, select NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries.
- From the Preferred Start Time drop-down list, select a start time.
Note: The starting time for this job should not be the same starting time as any other automated scheduled job. Also, the recommendation is to select a starting time that is after business hours or overnight.
- Click Start. The NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job line displays.
Note: At some point if you no longer want the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job to run each day, click the Delete link on the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job line to remove this job.
- This article is new with the Iris release.