Use the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job to schedule Journal Entry creation from Donation Opportunities based upon the Preferred Start Time and the Next Run Date.
A daily confirmation email is sent to the email address of the user who created the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job, which indicates the number of records that were processed.
The NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job can be scheduled to run overnight or any other time. There is also a “Run Now” button on the Run an On Demand Job section of the Automated Jobs screen available to run this job immediately, if necessary.
Once you have the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job created, all Donation Opportunities that meet the following criteria will have Journal Entries created based upon the next run date for this job:
- A Ledger selected in the Accounting Information section on the Donation Opportunity.
- A Settlement Date added to the Donation Opportunity.
- The Settlement Status displays as “Not Processed” on the Donation Opportunity.
- At least one General Accounting Unit (GAU) has been allocated on the Donation Opportunity.
Through the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job the Donation Opportunities that have the same GAU will be consolidated into a single set of Journal Entries when the Journal Entry gets created. Journal Entry Lines will be consolidated into one set of lines when the Settlement Date and/or Ledger dimension on the Donation Opportunity is the same. In addition, Journal Entry Lines will be consolidated into one set of lines when any or all of the dimensions below are the same on the GAUs that are associated with the Donation Opportunity:
- Debit GL Account
- Credit GL Account
- GL Variable 1-4
- Project Task
The NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job creates the Journal Entries with a posting status of “Approved.” The job does not automatically post the Journal Entries.
Best Practice: It is recommended to have the daily Scheduled Post job added as an automated job, which provides the ability for all Journal Entries that have a posting status of “Approved” to automatically post based upon the Next Run Date and Preferred Start Time. The Scheduled Post job should be the last automated job that is scheduled.
As part of scheduling an automated job, the Automated Jobs screen includes the Job Notification Settings section. For additional information, refer to the Automated Jobs article.
Note: The Disable Email Confirmation checkbox and the Automated Job Results Retention Period Settings are not applicable at this time to the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries job.
Schedule the NPSP Opportunity Journal Entries Posting Job
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Automations menu, click Automated Jobs. The Automated Jobs screen displays.
- From the Add/Edit a Scheduled Job section of the screen, click the Select Job drop-down list, and select NPSP Opp Journal Entries.
- Click the Preferred Start Time drop-down list to select the time that you want this scheduled job to run.
Best Practice: The Scheduled Post job should be the last automated job that is scheduled.
- Click Add Scheduled Job. The new automated job displays on a row in the Scheduled Jobs data grid.
Note: If you decide at some point that this automated job should be deleted, from the Action column on the data grid, click the Delete hyperlink for the row that should be deleted. Then, delete the job.