The Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) is the industry-standard application for nonprofit organizations. You can install Accounting Seed’s extension package for NPSP in just a few simple steps. This feature is available for use in Salesforce’s Lightning UI only. To complete the installation of this package, please follow the steps below.
- Purchase Accounting Seed’s extension package for NPSP.
- The Salesforce NPSP managed package should already be installed.
- Install Accounting Seed's Financial Suite Package.
- Request the extension package for NPSP installation by creating a Case in our Customer Support Community.
- In order to install the extension package for NPSP, a user will need to be assigned the AS Full Admin Permission Set.
Do you want to:
- Enable Chatter Settings
- Install the Accounting Seed NPSP Extension Package
- Update the Page Layouts for NPSP Extension Package
Enable Chatter Settings
Note: If the Chatter Settings Enable checkbox is already selected in your organization, you can skip the steps in this section.
- Click the Gear icon and select Setup.
- Scroll down the page and click Feature Settings.
- Select Chatter and click Chatter Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Enable checkbox to enable Chatter Settings.
- Click Save.
Install the Accounting Seed NPSP Extension Package
The Accounting Seed NPSP extension package includes three different installation links: AS Extension Base, AS NPSP Config, and AS NPSP Extension.
- When you receive the NPSP installation links from our Support Team, Log in to your Salesforce Instance.
Note: If you have multiple Salesforce Instances, it is recommended to log out of all others.
- Copy and Paste the AS Extension Base installation link into the browser’s address bar.
Note: If you are installing in a Sandbox environment, please ensure that you are using the Sandbox AS Extension Base installation link. Otherwise, if you are installing in a Production org, ensure that you are using the Production AS Extension Base installation link.
- Press Enter on the keyboard.
- Select who to install the package for and click Upgrade.
Note: The recommendation is to select Install for Admins Only.
Important: After completing the entire install process, a System Administrator should grant Field Level Security (FLS) permissions to other profiles using the Accounting Seed Permission Sets.
Note: The installation of the extension package can take a few minutes. If a message displays stating that the package is taking too long to install, click Done. You will be redirected away from the page and receive an email notification informing you when the package installation has been completed.
- When the AS Extension Base installation completes, repeat steps 2-4 for the AS NPSP Config installation link.
Note: Remember that if you are installing in a Sandbox environment, please ensure that you are using the Sandbox AS NPSP Config installation link. Otherwise, if you are installing in a Production org, ensure that you are using the Production AS NPSP Config installation link.
- When the second installation completes, repeat steps 2-4 for the AS NPSP Extension installation link.
- After the three installs have run, complete the page layout changes below.
Update the Page Layouts for the NPSP Extension Package
The Opportunity object is the only one that will need to have edits to your existing page layouts. The “Accounting Seed Information” section will already be included as page layouts from the Accounting Seed extension package for the General Accounting Units and the GAU Allocations objects.
Note: These standard GAU and GAU Allocations page layouts can be used or custom page layouts can be used. If using custom page layouts for GAU and GAU Allocations objects, the page layouts will need to be modified to add a section for “Accounting Seed Information.”
For information about updating page layouts, refer to the Edit Standard Page Layouts Manually knowledge article.
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under the Cash In section, click Opportunities. Otherwise, click the Apps icon and enter the word “Opportunities” in the Lookup search textbox and click Opportunities.
- Select an Opportunity record.
- Click the Gear icon and select Edit Object.
- Click Page Layouts and select Donation Layout.
- Drag and drop the Section label name onto the page to create a new section. Then, name the new section Accounting Seed Information.
- Add the following three fields under the new Accounting Seed Information section:
- Settlement Date
- Settlement Status
- Click Save.
- If installing in a Sandbox environment, then trial Accounting Seed data should be created.
- General Accounting Unit (GAU) records will need to be created.
- GAU records that were set up prior to installing the Accounting Seed NPSP extension package will need to be modified to set the Accounting Seed information, including the following:
- Debit GL Account
- Credit GL Account
- GL Variable 1-4
- Project Task