The Work Order is a standard Salesforce object. Its application of use will vary according to your needs. The instructions below only include information to create a Work Order that is relevant for Accounting Seed (Account, Product, Unit Price, Quantity, and GL Variable 1-4).
- In order to use the Work Orders module, Accounting Seed’s Orders and Inventory and Field Service Lightning (“FSL”) Connector packages will need to be installed.
- The Work Orders feature is only enabled in the Lightning UI. Additionally, users will need to be assigned the Billing from Work Order Permission Set.
- Please ensure that the Work Order field is added to the Billing page layout and that the Work Order Line Item field is added to the Billing Line page layout.
Create a Work Order
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under the Orders & Inventory section, click Work Orders.
- To create a new Work Order, click New. The New Work Order dialog box displays.
- Select the Account and the Price Book.
Note: When a Product is added to a Work Order Line, it must be in a Price Book. Also, the Price Book that contains the Product(s) must be selected on the Work Order in order to have the system locate a Product(s) that is in the Price Book.
- Complete additional fields, if necessary.
- Click Save. The Word Order record displays.
- To add a Work Order Line, click the Related tab and then click New.
- Select a Product and then, add a Quantity and Unit Price.
Note: Only Products that are included in the Price Book selected on the Work Order will be available to add as a Product on the Work Order Line.
- Scroll down the page to the Accounting Information. Then, select GL Variable 1-4, as necessary.
Note: GL Variable 1-4 selected here will carry over to the Billing and/or Sales Order that is created from the Work Order.
- Click Save. The Work Order Line displays.