You can view and compare the previous with the current average unit cost and available quantity for each Purchase Order Inventory Movement (POIM) and/or Inbound Inventory Movement (IIM) that is not related to a Warehouse Transfer. The following Average Cost Calculation Input fields provide this information:
- Prior Available Quantity - The Available Quantity of the Product in the Ledger prior to the inventory movement.
- Prior Average Cost - The Average Cost of the Product in the Ledger prior to the Inventory Movement.
- Executed Available Quantity - The Available Quantity for the Product for the Ledger including the transaction.
- Executed Average Cost - The Average Cost for the Product for the Ledger including the transaction.
The Average Cost is calculated using the following formula whenever a POIM or IIM is generated.
These fields are provided on each POIM or IIM for traceability and audit purposes.
View the Prior and Executed Available Quantity and Average Cost
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under the Orders and Inventory section, click Purchase Orders.
- To view a Purchase Order Inventory Movement (POIM) select a received Purchase Order. Otherwise, Receive a Purchase Order.
- Scroll down the page to the Purchase Order Lines related list and select a line.
- Click the PO Inventory Movements tab.
- Click a Purchase Order Inventory Movement line.
- Scroll down the page to the Average Cost Calculation Inputs to compare the data.
- This is a new article with the Iris release.