Avalara’s AvaTax integrates to the Opportunity and allows you to perform an automatic sales tax estimation inside of Accounting Seed. Accounting Seed uses an API (Application Programming Interface) callout to communicate with AvaTax and perform a sales tax estimation. Each time the Calc Tax button or Create BIlling button is clicked this sales tax is estimated.
The Opportunity record should be set up to include the Calc Tax button. If you have questions about adding this button to the Opportunity page layout, refer to the Edit Page Layouts Manually article.
Estimate Tax on an Opportunity with AvaTax
- Click Accounting Home and under Cash In click Opportunities.
- Select an Opportunity. Otherwise, click New to create a new Opportunity.
- Click Add Products.
- Select a product(s) to add to the Opportunity.
Note: Products are required when using AvaTax.
- Click Next.
- On the Edit Selected Products dialog box, perform the following:
- Add Quantity
- Update the Sales Price, if necessary
- Add the Date and Line Description.
- Click Save.
- On the Opportunity page, click Calc Tax. The Create or Update Tax Line page displays.
- Click Calc Tax again. The API callout is automatically made to Avalara’s AvaTax to estimate the tax amount and then, the added tax line displays.