Invariably, when dealing with two systems that have different databases, there may be data synchronization discrepancies. The Tax Exception Report allows you to view discrepancies between transactions that were posted in Accounting Seed versus the transactions that were committed into AvaTax. You can view the report data based upon a selected start date and end date. After viewing the report, you might determine that adjustments will need to be made in either the Accounting Seed or AvaTax systems.
Run the Tax Exception Report
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Run Reports tab. Then, under the Utilities menu, click Tax Exception Report.
Note: The Tax Exception Report is only applicable to AvaTax. It’s not applicable for Accounting Seed Native Sales Tax.
- If you have more than one Transactional Ledger, click the Ledger drop-down list to select the appropriate one.
- Modify the Start Date and End Date, as necessary.
- Click Run.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
If there are any discrepancies between your Billing records and the AvaTax transactions, the report results display. Otherwise, a message displays to indicate that there are no exceptions.
- Click a link under the Billing Name column to display a Billing record that is listed on the report.
- Click a link under the Avalara Transaction ID column to display the transaction in AvaTax.
Note: If you are not currently logged into AvaTax, you will need to log in to display the transaction.
- Correct the transaction in Accounting Seed or in AvaTax, as necessary.