The Automated Email Billing job allows you to schedule an unattended background program to execute an automatic process for sending email Billings to your customers. This automated job will select Billings that meet the following criteria:
- Posted with a Due Date that is less than or equal to today’s date
- PDF Email Status is set to “Unsent”
- Automated Email Delivery drop-down list on the selected PDF Format is set to Balance Due or Zero Balance and the balance is equal to zero.
The Automated Email Billing job can be scheduled to run after business hours, overnight, or at any desired time. This unattended background job provides for a more efficient way to process Email Billings for sending to customers. In addition, depending upon the time the Automated Email Billing job is scheduled to run, it might help to minimize the utilization of system resources during business hours.
Schedule the Automated Email Billing Job
- Navigate to Accounting Settings.
- Click the Automation tab.
- From the Select Job Type drop-down list, select Automated Email Billing.
- From the Preferred Start Time drop-down list, select a start time.
Note: Remember that the starting time for this job should not be the same starting time as any other automated scheduled job
- Click Start. The Automated Email Billing job line displays.
Note: At some point if you no longer want the Automated Email Billing job to run each day, click the Delete link to remove this job.