The Clone Time Card feature allows you to reduce the amount of data entry required to create a new Time Card record. This is a quick and efficient way to duplicate data in fields such as the Employee Name, Project, and Project Task from a previously entered Time Card.
When cloning a Time Card, keep the following points in mind:
- Upon clicking the Clone button, the New Time Card dialog box displays, which includes the hours entered from the previous Time Card. However, when the Clone Time Card is saved, all hours revert back to zero to allow actual and accurate hours to be entered for the cloned Time Card.
- Internal and/or Invoice (external) comments previously entered on a Time Card will be removed from the cloned Time Card.
A cloned Time Card can be created from an Actual or Budget Time Card. However, the cloned “Actual” Time Card cannot contain the same Time Card Period as an existing “Actual” Time Card for that employee.
Important: An employee can only have one “Actual” Time Card per Time Card Period.
Note: If you are currently using the Lightning UI, you may need to add the Type field to the Time Card detail page layout. For information about how to edit a page layout, refer to the Edit Page Layouts Manually article.
Clone a Time Card
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Create Entries tab. Then, under the Expenses menu, click Time Cards.
- Display a desired list view. For example, click to display the All Actual list view.
- Select a Time Card that you want to Clone. The Time Card record page displays.
- Click Clone. The New Time Card dialog box displays.
Note: Fields display pre-populated from the previous Time Card.
- Modify the displayed fields, as necessary. For example, click the Time Card Period or Type drop-down list to select the correct information for the cloned Time Card.
Note: Hours from the previous Time Card display. However, once you click Save, the hours will revert back to zero.
- Click Save.
The cloned Time Card displays with the Time Card Line(s) and the Project(s)/Project Task(s), which will save time and keystrokes. The hours display with zeros to allow actual hours to be entered for the cloned Time Card.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
From here, you can add/edit lines on the cloned Time Card, as necessary. For more information, refer to the Enter a Time Card article.