A tab provides the ability to display records that you created in Accounting Seed, Salesforce, or other applications in your organization (org). For most of the Accounting Seed objects, a tab already exists. For example, from the App Launcher, if you click the AS: Cash In app, tabs such as Accounting Home, Accounts, Billings, and Cash Receipts will display. To see a list view of the records that have been created on an object such as Accounts or Billings, you can click the appropriate tab. However, if you want to view records that have been created for an object that does not have an existing tab, you can create a custom tab.
Create a Custom Tab
- Click the Gear icon and select Setup.
- From the Quick Find search textbox, enter Tab. Then, click Tabs.
The Custom Tabs screen displays.
- Click New.
- From the New Custom Object Tab screen, select the Object for which you want to create a new custom tab. Then, select the Tab Style.
- Click Next.
The screen displays that will allow you to select the user profiles for which the new custom tab will be available.
- To modify the visibility, click to select the Apply a different tab visibility for each profile radio button. Then, adjust the Tab Visibility for each user, as necessary.
- Click Next.
- Select the custom apps for which the new custom tab will be available. Or, deselect custom apps, as necessary.
Note: If you do not want the new custom tab to display in any of your custom apps, deselect the Include Tab checkbox. This will remove the check from all of the custom apps that display on the screen. However, the new custom app will still be available from the App Launcher.
- Click Save.
If the new custom tab was added to one of your custom apps, navigate to the app. The new custom app will display with other tabs in the app. Select the new custom tab to view a list of records that were created on that object.
In the example below, after clicking the new custom tab with the name of “Billing Lines,” you can see a list view of Billing Line records. For information on changing the display of the list view, refer to the Modify Display Fields in a List View article.
If the new custom tab was not added to one of your custom apps, you can access it from the App Launcher by scrolling down the page to view the new custom tab. From there, click it to launch the new custom tab.