Salesforce Lightning components can be quickly and easily added to a record page to have an immediate view of information, such as the GL Current Balance for a selected GL account. Another example would be as a multi-ledger user, including the Ledger Manager component provides easy access for ledger management. These components are available from the Gear icon by selecting Edit Page.
When using any of these components, keep the following points in mind:
- Components can only be used in Salesforce’s Lightning UI.
- My Domain in Salesforce must be enabled. To learn more, view the Salesforce My Domain knowledge article.
The name and description for each component displays below, as well as steps for adding a Lightning component.
Note: Additional components will be added below as they become available.
GL Account Current Balance
The GL Account Current Balance component displays the balance on a Balance Sheet or Profit & Loss GL Account, as of the current accounting period. For Multi-Currency users, this will display the balance in the active Ledger’s currency. This component also takes into account amounts from archived periods.
Note: Cash Flow Categories (which are recorded as GL Account data records) are not supported with this component.
Return to top
For multi-ledger users, the Ledger Manager component provides an easy way to set and change the active ledger for working in a desired ledger. In addition, it provides an easy way to view or identity your active ledger.
Edit a Page to Add a Lightning Component
The screen captures in the steps below focuses in on adding the Current Balance component. However, these same steps can be used to select and add any Lightning component.
- Display a desired record page for editing.
- Click the Gear icon and select Edit Page.
The Lightning Components display on the left navigation pane.
- From the left navigation pane, scroll down the Lightning Components to select a component.
- Click and drag the component into the right pane.
The selected component turns light green as in the sample screen below.
- Drag and drop the component up or down based upon the location where you want it to display. You can also drag and drop the component to the right or left.
- Click Save.
- Click Activate.
- Click Assign as Org Default.
- Click Next.
- Click Save.
- The ability to add the GL Account Current Balance component to a record page.