You can install Accounting Seed’s Field Service Lightning (FSL) Connector Package into your existing Salesforce instance in just a few simple steps. This feature is enabled for use in Salesforce’s Lightning UI only. To complete the installation of this package, please follow the steps below.
- Purchase Accounting Seed’s Field Service Lightning (FSL) Connector Package
- Install Accounting Seed's Financial Suite Package
- Install Accounting Seed's Orders & Inventory Package
- Request for the Field Service Lightning Connector Installation link by creating a Case in our Customer Support Community
- In order to install the FSL Connector package, a user will need to be assigned the AS Full Admin Permission Set
Enable Field Service Lightning (FSL)
- Navigate to Setup.
- Enter Field Service Settings in the Quick Find search textbox.
- Click the Field Service Settings link.
- Enable Field Service Lightning.
- Enable the Chatter Settings.
Install the Field Service Lightning (FSL) Connector
- When you receive the FSL Connector installation link from our Support Team, Log in to your Salesforce Instance.
- If you have multiple Salesforce Instances, it is recommended to log out of all others.
- Copy and Paste the FSL Connector Installation link into the browser’s address bar.
- If you are installing in a Sandbox Environment, please ensure you are using the Sandbox FSL Connector Installation Link.
- If you are installing in a Production Org., please ensure you are using the Production FSL Connector Installation Link.
- Press Enter on the keyboard
- Select who to install the package for and click the Upgrade button
- It is recommended to select Install for All Users.
- The installation of the package can take a few minutes. If a message stating the package is taking too long to install in displayed, click Done. You will be redirected away from the page and receive an email notification informing you when the package installation has been completed.
- Each user will need to be Allocated an Accounting Seed License and assigned an Accounting Seed Field Service Lightning Permission Set.
- Assign the Accounting Page Layout for the Work Order Object.
- Edit Page Layouts for the Sales Order and Billing Objects for the following:
- Work Order field is added to the Billing page layout and that the Work Order Line Item field is added to the Billing Line page layout.
- Work Order field is added to the Sales Order page layout and that the Work Order Line Item field is added to the Sales Order Line page layout.
From the Work Order Object, select the Lightning Record Pages hyperlink. Then, select the Work Order (Accounting) Record Home hyperlink.
Important: This step is very important if Feed Tracking is enabled.
- Accounting Seed’s Field Service Lightning Connector (FSL) package will need to be purchased and installed
- The FSL Connector will need to be installed along with Accounting Seed’s Financial Suite and Orders and Inventory packages
- The FSL Connector module is only enabled in the Lightning UI
- Field Service Lightning will need to be Enabled in the Salesforce Instance
- Users will need to be assigned Accounting Seed’s Field Service Lightning Permission Sets