The Work Order to Billing feature allows you to create a customer Billing from the Work Order with a single click. Users will be able to create and post Billings directly from Salesforce’s standard Work Order object. This integration will carry over applicable information from the Work Order and Work Order Lines to the Billing and Billing Lines, respectively.
- In order to use the Work Orders module, Accounting Seed’s Orders and Inventory and Field Service Lightning (“FSL”) Connector packages will need to be installed.
- The Work Orders feature is only enabled in the Lightning UI. Additionally, users will need to be assigned the Billing from Work Order Permission Set.
- Please ensure that the Work Order field is added to the Billing page layout and that the Work Order Line Item field is added to the Billing Line page layout.
Create Billing from Work Order
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under the Orders and Inventory section, click Work Orders.
- From the Work Orders List View, select the Work Order you wish to bill.
- From the Feed tab, click New Billing.
- Click the Calendar icon and select the Billing Date.
Note: If Feed Tracking is not enabled for the Work Order object the New Billing and New Sales Order buttons will display with the other buttons on the Work Order header at the top of the screen.
Note: You can change the Customer Account, if necessary.
- Click Create.
- Click the Billing hyperlink to display the Billing record.
- The Billing header record displays. Scroll down the page to the Billing Lines related list.
The Billing Line(s) displays information that is carried over from the Work Order such as Quantity, Unit Price, Product, and GL Variable 1-4.