The Work Order to Sales Order feature allows you to create a Sales Order from the Work Order with a single click. Users will be able to create Sales Orders directly from Salesforce’s standard Work Order object. This integration will carry over applicable information from the Work Order and Work Order Lines to the Sales Order and Sales Order Lines, respectively.
- In order to use the Work Orders module, Accounting Seed’s Orders and Inventory and Field Service Lightning (“FSL”) Connector packages will need to be installed.
- The Work Orders feature is only enabled in the Lightning UI.
- Additionally, users will need to be assigned the Sales Order from Work Order Permission Set.
- Please ensure that the Work Order field is added to the Sales Order page layout and that the Work Order Line Item field is added to the Sales Order Line page layout.
Create Sales Order from Work Order
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Create Entries tab. Then, under the Orders menu, click Work Orders.
- From the Work Orders list view, select the Work Order for which you want to create a Sales Order. The New Sales Order tab defaults under the Feed tab.
Note: If Feed Tracking is not enabled for the Work Order object the New Billing and New Sales Order buttons will display with the other buttons on the Work Order header at the top of the screen.
- Click the Create New hyperlink or Add.
Note: You can change the Customer Account, Work Order Status, and/or Sales Order Status, if necessary.
- Click Create. The new Sales Order record displays.
- Scroll down the page to view the Sales Order Line(s).
- Click a Sales Order Line to view additional information. For example, if the Work Order included GL Variable 1-4, this information will flow through to the Sales Order.
Please sign in to leave a comment.