Payroll files can be imported into Journal Entries quickly and easily.
Note: This feature is enabled only in the Lightning environment.
Important: To use this feature you must enable MyDomain in Salesforce. To learn more, view the Salesforce My Domain knowledge article. Additionally, set your profile's Payroll File Import Tab setting to Default On.
- Click the Salesforce Setup icon at the top right corner.
- In the left menu pane, navigate to ADMINSTRATION | Users | Profiles and select each profile (one at a time) that should have access to this feature.
- From the Apps section, select Object Settings.
- Scroll down the list and select Payroll File Import.
- If the Tab Settings drop-down list does not display as "Default On," click Edit and select Default On. Then, click Save.
Import a Payroll File
- Create a payroll file and save it to your desktop. The payroll file needs to be saved as a .csv file and needs to include the following columns:
- Journal Entry Name
- GL Account
- Debit Amount
- Credit Amount
- GL Variables 1-4 (Optional columns to add)
- Log into Accounting Seed and navigate to Accounting Home.
- Under General Ledger Entry, click Payroll File Import.
- If you receive an error when clicking on the Payroll File Import tab, then you may need to edit your profile's File Import Tab setting. Navigate to Setup | Users | Profiles. Select your profile and edit the Payroll File Import Tab Settings to Default On.
- On the Payroll File Import page click Upload File.
- If you are using Accounting Seed's multi-entity functionality, select the correct ledger in the review screen.
- If you are using a Department as an accounting variable, and you have set up Department as one of the fields on Payroll File Import object, select the GL variable from the Department drop-down menu to map your department code to the GL Variable.
- Click Create Records.
- Once imported, the journal entry will need to be posted to the ledger.
A sample screen of a payroll import file is below. Or, click here to view a sample payroll import file, which is attached to this article.
- Payroll files can be imported into Journal Entries quickly and easily with this new tool.
- Please note: This feature is enabled only in the Lightning environment.
- Configuration Changes:
- To use this feature you must enable MyDomain in Salesforce. To learn more, view the Salesforce My Domain knowledge article.
- To use this feature set your profile's Payroll File Import Tab setting to Default On.