A Manual Cash Disbursement is used to make a single payment. The following actions are required to complete this task:
- Create a Cash Disbursement Batch.
- Create the Cash Disbursement.
Create a Cash Disbursement Batch
A Cash Disbursement Batch must be created before generating a Manual Cash Disbursement.
- Navigate to Accounting Seed Home and in the Cash Out pane, click Cash Disbursement Batches.
- Click New to open the New Cash Disbursement Batch dialog box.
- Populate the required field (indicated by a red asterisk) Cash Disbursement Batch Name.
- An optional field is the Starting Check Number (use this if there will be multiple checks generated).
- Click Save.
Create the Cash Disbursement
- In the Cash Out pane, click on Cash Disbursements.
- Click New to open the New Cash Disbursement dialog box.
- Populate the required fields (indicated by red asterisks) in the three (3) sections:
- Cash Disbursement Batch: enter at least the first three (3) characters of the name of the Cash Disbursement Batch or search the existing list using the magnifier.
- Disbursement Date: enter any date.
- Amount: enter any amount.
- Type: use either Check (used when a check will be printed from the system) or Electronic (used for anything other than a printed check, i.e., credit card payment).
- Posting Status: defaults to Approved.
Note: If the daily Scheduled Post job has been created in Accounting Settings, all Cash Disbursements that have a posting status of “Approved” will automatically post based upon the Next Run Date and Preferred Start Time.
- Payment Status: defaults to Paid.
- Source: this field defaults to Manual and is the only option when creating a Cash Disbursement independently of a Payable.
- Optional fields are not required:
- Accounting Period: will default to the Disbursement Date.
- Check Number: this field can be left blank.
- Reference: enter the Customer check number or electronic transaction reference.
- Memo: this field is populated as it would be on any handwritten check.
- Required Payee Information: Only one of the following should be selected.
Note: When using Person Accounts, either the Vendor or Contact field can be populated. However, if you would like the Vendor information to flow through to the Payee field, only the Contact field should be populated.
- Optional Payee Information: Alternate Payee Name will pull the alternate account name from the Account record.
- Required Accounting Information:
- Bank Account is a required field and is the bank or credit card GL Account from which the funds are being disbursed. This is the credit side of the accounting transaction.
- Debit GL Account if not populated, when the Cash Disbursement is saved, will default to the Prepaid GL Expense Account in your Accounting Settings. This is the debit side of the accounting transaction.
Important: This cannot be the AP Control GL Account.
- Optional Accounting Information (using these data tags will post on the resulting transactions to the general ledger):
- GL Variable 1-4
- Project & Project Task
- Click Save.
- The Cash Disbursement screen displays the Cash Disbursement that was just created including a CD number in the top left corner.
Step by Step Guide
- Source field defaults to Manual and is the only option when creating a new Cash Disbursement.
- If the Debit GL Account is not populated, when the Cash Disbursement is saved, it will default to the Prepaid GL Expense Account from Accounting Settings. This cannot be the AP Control GL Account.
- The Scheduled Post job allows you to schedule an unattended background program to execute the automatic postings of records after business hours, overnight, or any desired time.
- The Product field has now been added to the Cash Disbursement so users can tag a product if necessary. When added, the product value will be shown on the Cash Disbursement's transactions posted to the General Ledger.