An Installed Asset Record is used when the selling entity has an additional or follow-up responsibility to a product once it has been delivered (removed from inventory), a good example is an industrial equipment service agreement. An Installed Asset is tracked as a data record (on the Salesforce standard Asset object) and is created when the product is allocated on a sales order. The Installed Asset Record can be customized to contain any pertinent information and it contains several defined fields including serial number, date of sale, etc.
NOTE: Ensure that the Asset Related List is added to the Sales Order Line page layout.
Altering a Product Record to Create an Inventory Asset Record Upon Allocation
- Navigate to Accounting Seed home and click Orders & Inventory > Products.
- Click on the product to be identified as an Installed Asset to view its details and click Edit.
- Scroll to the Product Costing section and click the checkbox associated with Inventory Asset and click Save.
Access the Installed Asset Record from the Sales Order Inventory Movement Screen
- Click the product Sales Order Line.
- Click the Related tab and then click the Sales Order Inventory Movement record.
- The Related tab includes the Assets Related List.
- Click on the Asset Name to open the Asset screen.
- Click Edit (at the top right corner of the screen) to change or add information.
Access the Installed Asset Record from the Product Record
- On the Product screen, scroll to the Assets Related List.