An Installed Asset Record (the Salesforce term for this is Inventory Asset and it is found in the Related Fields portion of page layouts) is used when the selling entity has an additional or follow-up responsibility to a product once it has been delivered (removed from inventory), i.e., a warranty or maintenance/service agreement (typically related to industrial equipment). An Installed Asset is tracked as a data record and is triggered when the Asset is allocated. The Accounting Seed Installed Asset Record can be customized to contain any pertinent information and it contains several defined fields, i.e., serial number, date of sale, etc.
NOTE: Ensure that the Asset Related Field is added to Sale Order Line page layout.
Altering a Product Record to Create an Asset Record Upon Allocation
- Navigate to Accounting Seed home and click Orders & Inventory > Products.
- Click on the product to be identified as an Installed Asset to view its associated record and click Edit.
- Scroll to the Product Costing section and click the checkbox associated with Inventory Asset and click Save.
Access and Use the Installed Asset Record
- Click the product Sales Order Line.
- Click Related and then click the Sales Order Inventory Movement item.
- The Related items will include the Assets category.
- Click on the Account Name to open the Asset screen.
- Click Edit (at the top right corner of the screen) to change or add information.