Additional Accounting Settings describes the Ledger Settings, Purge Data, Stripe Settings, Tax Settings, Trial Data, and Automation tabs. Each is described in more detail below. To access Accounting Settings, navigate to Accounting Home. Under the General Ledger Setup section, click the Accounting Settings tab.
This tab is used to set PDF defaults. To add New Ledgers navigate to the Accounting Home General Ledger Setup and click on Ledgers.
- The Ledger Name(s) represent each transactional ledger in an individual Accounting Seed application.
- A user may have one transactional ledger, or, if the multi-ledger feature is enabled, any number of transactional ledgers, all of which would be listed under the Ledger Name on the Ledger Settings screen.
- Click the Edit button to change the default formats contained in the following fields:
- Default Bank Account
- Default Billing Format
- Billing Activity Statement Format
- Billing Outstanding Statement Format
- After editing these fields, click Save or Cancel.
This tab allows a user to purge old information that is no longer needed and helps to manage data storage levels. The material that can be purged is presented in the following fields:
- Purge AP Aging Period: Select the period you wish to purge data for. All AP aging records on the period selected and prior will be purged once the Purge button is clicked. To rebuild these records, all accounting periods selected to be purged would need to be re-opened and closed.
- Purge Billing Aging Period: Select the period you wish to purge data for. All Billing aging records on the period selected and prior will be purged once the Purge button is clicked. To rebuild these records, all accounting periods selected to be purged would need to be re-opened and closed.
- Purge Financial Report Results: Click the Purge button to remove All financial report results.
- Purge Zero Balance Financial Cubes: Click the Purge button to remove All financial cubes with a zero balance.
- No transactional data will be deleted with this tool.
- The Aging History records and Financial Report results can be recreated if necessary.
- The Integrity Report Entries are no longer supported as we have built these checks into the core functionality of the application.
This tab is used for managing connected accounts. At this time Accounting Seed connects to Stripe. If you are already familiar with Stripe and its functionality, click the Connect with Stripe button. If more information is needed, review the Knowledge Base article at this link: Connect to Stripe.
This tab allows the user to select between Accounting Seed Native Sales Tax and Avalara Sales Tax. If more information is needed, review the Sales Tax articles.
This tab is used to:
- Create Trial Data: By clicking the Create Trial Data button, demo data will be added to your Org. The main purpose of this data is for our partners who are trying to quickly generate sample data to demo our product.
- Disable Trial Data: Click this button to disable this feature, (so that a user doesn’t accidentally create demo data).
Note: The Disable Trial Data checkbox is used to prevent users from adding Trial Data to a populated Accounting Seed application.
This tab is used to select job types to automate the following:
The Post Settings tab includes the Auto-Post Source Documents option. Auto-Post Source Documents control the posting behavior for the following record types:
- Cash Receipt
- Billing Cash Receipt
- AP Disbursement
- Amortization Entries
- Sales Order Inventory Movement
- Purchase Order Inventory Movement
- Inbound INV Movement
- Outbound INV Movement
- Manufacturing Inventory Movement (Std Cost).
When Auto-Post Source Documents is enabled (checked), the above records will automatically post after being saved. This setting defaults to enabled.
If Auto-Post Source Documents is disabled (unchecked), the posting for these records will occur as part of the Scheduled Post job for records that are in an “Approved” posting status.
The Post Settings tab also includes the Billing/Payable Post Settings. The Billing/Payable Post Settings will display to indicate whether Header Level Posting (HLP) or Line Level Posting (LLP) is enabled.
Note: If this is set to Line Level Posting (LLP), and you want to opt-in to Header Level Posting (HLP), perform the migration steps (AvaTax HLP or AS Native Tax HLP) and then, contact Customer Support to enable the setting.
Note: The Billing/Payable Post Settings cannot be edited.
- The Automation tab in Accounting Settings includes the Scheduled Post job. The Scheduled Post job can be scheduled to run after hours for posting all “Approved” records. The “Post Now” option is included for posting all “Approved” records immediately.
- The Post Settings tab is a new tab adding to Accounting Settings. This new tab includes an Auto-Post Source Documents option, which allows for automatic posting of certain record types after saving.
- The Post Settings tab also includes the Billing/Payable Post Settings, which indicates whether Header Level Posting (HLP) or Line Level Posting (LLP) is enabled.