Additional Accounting Settings describes the Ledger Settings, Purge Data, Stripe Settings, Tax Settings, Trial Data, and Automation tabs. Each is described in more detail below. To access Accounting Settings, navigate to Accounting Home. Under the General Ledger Setup section, click the Accounting Settings tab.
This tab is used to set PDF defaults. To add New Ledgers navigate to the Accounting Home General Ledger Setup and click on Ledgers.
- The Ledger Name(s) represent each transactional ledger in an individual Accounting Seed application.
- A user may have one transactional ledger, or, if the multi-ledger feature is enabled, any number of transactional ledgers, all of which would be listed under the Ledger Name on the Ledger Settings screen.
- Click the Edit button to change the default formats contained in the following fields:
- Default Bank Account
- Default Billing Format
- Billing Activity Statement Format
- Billing Outstanding Statement Format
- After editing these fields, click Save or Cancel.
This tab allows a user to purge old information that is no longer needed and helps to manage data storage levels. The material that can be purged is presented in the following fields:
- Purge AP Aging Period: Select the period you wish to purge data for. All AP aging records on the period selected and prior will be purged once the Purge button is clicked. To rebuild these records, all accounting periods selected to be purged would need to be re-opened and closed.
- Purge Billing Aging Period: Select the period you wish to purge data for. All Billing aging records on the period selected and prior will be purged once the Purge button is clicked. To rebuild these records, all accounting periods selected to be purged would need to be re-opened and closed.
- Purge Financial Report Results: Click the Purge button to remove All financial report results.
- Purge Zero Balance Financial Cubes: Click the Purge button to remove All financial cubes with a zero balance.
- No transactional data will be deleted with this tool.
- The Aging History records and Financial Report results can be recreated if necessary.
- The Integrity Report Entries are no longer supported as we have built these checks into the core functionality of the application.
This tab is used for managing connected accounts. At this time Accounting Seed connects to Stripe. If you are already familiar with Stripe and its functionality, click the Connect with Stripe button. If more information is needed, review the Knowledge Base article at this link: Connect to Stripe.
This tab allows the user to select between Accounting Seed Native Sales Tax and Avalara Sales Tax. If more information is needed, review the Knowledge Base articles at these links: Sales Tax Overview and Cash In > Sales Tax > Avalara.
This tab is used to:
- Create Trial Data: By clicking the Create Trial Data button, demo data will be added to your Org. The main purpose of this data is for our partners who are trying to quickly generate sample data to demo our product.
- Disable Trial Data: Click this button to disable this feature, (so that a user doesn’t accidentally create demo data).
Note: The Disable Trial Data checkbox is used to prevent users from adding Trial Data to a populated Accounting Seed application.
This tab is used to create recurring (scheduled) billings, payables, and journal entries. If more information is needed, review the Knowledge Base articles at this link: Scheduled Jobs.
- Only users with AS Full Permissions can make the changes described in this article.
Any user that does not have this profile can only read data.