A Recurring Payable is a Payable template that allows you to create payable records that should be repeated during a defined future interval.
Create a Recurring Payable
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under Cash Out, click Recurring Payables.
- Setting up a Recurring Payable includes an Owner field that is populated with the login name.
- The following fields are required before the New Recurring Payable can be saved:
- Recurring Payable Name: Any name can be used.
- Vendor, Contact, or Employee name.
Note: You must select one and only one of the three options.
Note: If selecting a Contact or Employee, the resulting Payable created will have its Due Date set to the Issue Date.
- Status: Determines if the Recurring Payable should still be used (defaults to Active, can be set to Inactive).
- Payable Frequency defaults to Monthly but can be reset to:
Note: Accounting Seed does not support the usage of custom frequencies.
Note: With the Iris release, existing users may need to manually add the Weekly and Bi-weekly values to the Payable Frequency picklist. For more information, refer to the Add a New Picklist Value article.
- Next Payable Date: Used to specify the creation date of the next journal entry.
- If any of the fields listed above are not populated, the New Payable Entry screen will not Save and will prompt the user to complete them.
- The Last Payable Date field is not required for the New Recurring Payable to be saved. This field is used for recording the date the last Payable was created from this Recurring Payable template. It is ignored when creating a new Payable.
- Exit the New Recurring Payable screen by clicking:
- Save: Saves the New Recurring Payable.
- Save & New: Saves the New Recurring Payable screen and offers another (blank) New Recurring Payable screen to populate (repeat this process until all required Recurring Payables have been created).
- Cancel: Cancels the current New Recurring Payable.
Create Recurring Payable Lines
Each Recurring Payable requires details that are entered on the New Recurring Payable Line screen. This is the screen where the accounting details are added. This screen is accessed by clicking on the name of a Recurring Payable that appears on the List View of Recurring Payables.
When the name of a Recurring Payable is clicked, a detail screen presents the information about the Recurring Payable. On this screen, click the New button on the Recurring Payable Lines Related List. Clicking the New button will open a New Recurring Payable Line screen.
The top portion is labeled Information and contains the Recurring Payable Line parent record and the required field of Date, which displays with Today’s Date. Modify the Date field, if necessary.
The amount that is entered in the Unit Cost field multiplied by the Quantity will determine the Total (Quantity x Unit Cost = Total). The Total field is recommended to be read-only on the user interface.
Important: The Total field is controlled by Field Level Security (FLS). Therefore depending upon the permissions granted through a user’s Profile and/or Permission Set(s), the Total field might be editable. However, editing this field directly in the UI is NOT recommended.
The lower portion of the screen is labeled Accounting Information and is used to identify the information pertaining to the specific Recurring Payable identified in the top part of the New Recurring Payable Line screen. The only mandatory field is the Expense GL Account, used to record the transaction to the correct Expense GL Account. The other fields are for optional information.
Note: If calculating tax using AS Native Tax HLP, then populate the Tax Group field on the Payable Line. For information about Tax Groups refer to the Set up AS Native Tax article.
Note: Accounting Seed restricts the number of Recurring Payable Lines within a single Recurring Payable to 500 lines to prevent errors based on Salesforce limits when creating records.
- The Contact and Employee fields have been added to the Recurring Payable.
- If selecting a Contact or Employee, the resulting Payable created will have its Due Date set to the Issue Date.
- Header Level Posting is available with the Iris release.
- Amount field has been removed.
- The Quantity X Unit Cost = Total.
- The Total field is recommended to be read-only on the user interface.
- Recurring Payable Frequency now includes Weekly and Bi-weekly intervals.