Accounting Seed supports the following methods of manually creating Journal Entries from a Recurring Journal Entry Template. For information on automating this, refer to the Automate a Recurring Journal Entry article.
- Create a single Journal Entry from a single Recurring Journal Entry template.
- Select a Recurring Journal Entry template to use to create a Journal Entry.
- Once in the single Recurring Journal Entry, click Create Journal Entry.
- An intermediate screen opens for previewing the Journal Entry.
- If satisfied, click Create or Create & Post.
Note: When the Create & Post button is clicked (from the detail or list view), an asynchronous posting process is started. This is a form of timing protocol for the system to begin an operation once another one has completed. When all posting requirements are met, the record is posted. If there are errors during the posting process, the posting silently fails and an Activity record is created with details about the failure. This can be accessed from the Today’s Tasks widget on the Homepage or from the All Activities tab on the record.
Best Practice: It is recommended to have the daily Scheduled Post job created in Accounting Settings, which provides the ability for all Journal Entries that have a posting status of “Approved” to automatically post based upon the Next Run Date and Preferred Start Time.
- Use the Recurring Journal Entries List View to create Journal Entries from Recurring Journal Entry Templates.
- To do this, navigate to the Recurring Journal Entries List View.
- On the "All" List View, check the box next to each Recurring Journal Entry that should be used to create Journal Entries.
Note: In the List View, Accounting Seed supports batch creation of up to 200 Journal Entries from Recurring Journal Entry templates.
- After selecting all the Recurring Journal Entries desired (indicated by the checked boxes), click Create Journal Entry.
- An intermediate screen opens for previewing all the Journal Entries about to be created.
- If satisfied, click Create or Create & Post to create these records.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
- Clicking the Create & Post button starts an asynchronous posting process.
- The Scheduled Post job allows you to schedule an unattended background program to execute the automatic postings of records after business hours, overnight, or any desired time.