Billing records can be created from Recurring Billings based upon the Preferred Start Time and the Next Run Date.
A daily confirmation email is sent to the email address of the user who created the Recurring Billing job, which indicates the number of records that were processed.
To exclude a specific Recurring Billing record from being included in the automated job, select the Exclude from Automation checkbox on the Recurring Billing detail page. Also, inactive records will automatically be excluded.
Best Practice: It is recommended to have the daily Scheduled Post job created in Accounting Settings, which provides the ability for the Billings that were created to automatically post with the next run of the Scheduled Post job. The Scheduled Post job should be the last automated job that is scheduled.
Automate a Recurring Billing
- Navigate to Accounting Settings.
- Click the Automation tab.
- From the Select Job Type drop-down list, select Recurring Billing.
- From the Preferred Start Time drop-down list, select a start time.
Note: Remember that the starting time for this job should not be the same starting time as any other automated scheduled job. Also, the recommendation is to select a starting time that is after business hours or overnight.
- Click Start. The Recurring Billing job line displays.
Note: At some point if you no longer want the Recurring Billing job to run each day, click the Delete link on the Recurring Billing job line to remove this job.
- The Recurring Billing job will continue to create Billing records. However, the Billing records will be posted with the next run of the Scheduled Post job.