Journal Entry records can be created from Recurring Journal Entries based upon the Preferred Start Time and the Next Run Date.
A daily confirmation email is sent to the email address of the user who created the Recurring Journal Entry job, which indicates the number of records that were processed. If a recurring record fails to create a Journal Entry an activity record will be created on the recurring record to identify the specific error so that the issue can be corrected.
Note: If a Recurring Journal Entry (RJE) is out of balance, the automated job will simply pass over the RJE. Since an out of balance RJE is invalid an activity record will not be created.
To exclude a specific Recurring Journal Entry record from being included in the automated job, select the Exclude from Automation checkbox on the Recurring Journal Entry detail page. Also, inactive records will automatically be excluded.
Best Practice: It is recommended to have the daily Scheduled Post job created in Accounting Settings, which provides the ability for the Journal Entries that were created to automatically post with the next run of the Scheduled Post job. The Scheduled Post job should be the last automated job that is scheduled.
Automate a Recurring Journal Entry
- Navigate to Accounting Settings.
- Click the Automation tab.
- From the Select Job Type drop-down list, select Recurring Journal Entry.
- From the Preferred Start Time drop-down list, select a start time.
Note: Remember that the starting time for this job should not be the same starting time as any other automated scheduled job. Also, the recommendation is to select a starting time that is after business hours or overnight.
- Click Start. The Recurring Journal Entry job line displays.
Note: At some point if you no longer want the Recurring Journal Entry job to run each day, click the Delete link on the Recurring Journal Entry job line to remove this job.
- The Recurring Journal Entry job will continue to create Journal Entry records. However, the records will be posted with the next run of the Scheduled Post job.