A Recurring Billing is a Billing template that allows you to create billing records that should be repeated during a defined future interval.
Create Recurring Billing
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under Cash In, click Recurring Billings.
- Setting up a Recurring Billing includes an Owner field that is populated with the login name.
- The Opportunity field is not required for the New Recurring Billing to be saved, however, it is helpful to use this field if a specific opportunity relates to this Billing.
- The following fields are required before the New Recurring Billing can be saved:
- Recurring Billing Name: Any name can be used.
- Customer: Search for the customer that this Billing will be sent to.
- Status: Determines if the Recurring Billing should still be used (defaults to Active, can be set to Inactive).
- Billing Frequency defaults to Monthly but can be reset to:
Note: Accounting Seed does not support the usage of custom frequencies.
Note: With the Iris release, existing users may need to manually add the Weekly and Bi-weekly values to the Billing Frequency picklist. For more information, refer to the Add a New Picklist Value article.
- Next Billing Date: Used to specify the creation date of the next journal entry.
- If any of the fields listed above are not populated, the New Billing Entry screen will not Save and will prompt the user to complete them.
- The Last Billing Date field is not required for the New Recurring Billing to be saved. This field is used for recording the date the last Billing was created from this Recurring Billing template. It is ignored when creating a new Billing.
- Exit the New Recurring Billing screen by clicking:
- Save: Saves the New Recurring Billing.
- Save & New: Saves the New Recurring Billing screen and offers another (blank) New Recurring Billing screen to populate (repeat this process until all required Recurring Billings have been created).
- Cancel: Cancels the current New Recurring Billing.
Create Recurring Billing Lines
Each Recurring Billing requires details that are entered on the New Recurring Billing Line screen. This is the screen where the accounting details are added. This screen is accessed by clicking on the name of a Recurring Billing that appears on the List View of Recurring Billings.
When the name of a Recurring Billing is clicked, a detail screen presents the information about the Recurring Billing. On this screen, click the New button on the Recurring Billing Lines Related List. Clicking the New button will open a New Recurring Billing Line screen.
The top portion is labeled Information and contains the Recurring Billing Line parent record and empty fields for the following required information:
- Unit Price
The Product field is not required to save the New Recurring Billing Line.
The lower portion of the screen is labeled Accounting Information and is used to identify the information pertaining to the specific Recurring Billing identified in the top part of the New Recurring Billing Line screen. The only mandatory field is the Revenue GL Account, used to record the transaction to the correct Revenue GL Account. The other fields are for optional information.
Note: If Header Level Posting (HLP) is enabled and using AS Native Tax calculation, the Tax Group field is available as part of the Accounting Information. For information about Tax Groups refer to the Set up AS Native Tax article.
After creating one or more Recurring Billings, they are collated onto a Recurring Billings List View that shows all the information on a single line (except the Owner data, which is not shown).
Note: Accounting Seed restricts the number of Recurring Billing Lines within a single Recurring Billing to 500 lines to prevent errors based on Salesforce limits when creating records. Additionally, there is a limit set on how many records can be created at one time using the Create or Create & Post buttons on the Create Billing intermediate screen. The limit is 500 records for Recurring Billing.
- Header Level Posting (HLP) is available with the Iris release.
- A limit of 500 Recurring Billings can be created at one time using the Create or Create & Post buttons on the Create Billing intermediate screen.
- Recurring Billing Frequency now includes Weekly and Bi-weekly intervals.