A Recurring Billing is a Billing template that allows you to create billing records that should be repeated during a defined future interval.
Create Recurring Billing
- Navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Automations menu, click Recurring Billings.
- Click New.
Note: Setting up a Recurring Billing includes an Owner field that is populated with the login user name.
Note: The Opportunity field is not required for the New Recurring Billing to be saved. However, it is helpful to use this field if a specific opportunity relates to this Billing.
- The following fields are required before the New Recurring Billing can be saved:
- Recurring Billing Name: Any name can be used.
- Customer: Search for the customer name to send the Billing.
- Status: Determines if the Recurring Billing should still be used (defaults to Active, can be set to Inactive).
- Billing Frequency defaults to Monthly but can be reset to:
Note: Accounting Seed does not support the usage of custom frequencies.
- Next Billing Date: Used to specify the creation date of the next Billing.
- Complete the following optional fields:
- End Date: Used to specify the date until which Billings can be created from this Recurring Billing. Immediately after the End Date is reached, the Status on the Recurring Billing will automatically be set to “Inactive.” If an attempt is made to create a Billing after the End Date, a message displays to indicate that “You cannot create a Billing from an inactive Recurring Billing record.”
- Last Billing Date: Used for recording the date the last Billing was created from this Recurring Billing template. It is ignored when creating a new Billing.
- Exit the New Recurring Billing screen by clicking:
- Save: Saves the New Recurring Billing.
- Save & New: Saves the New Recurring Billing screen and offers another (blank) New Recurring Billing screen to populate (repeat this process until all required Recurring Billings have been created).
- Cancel: Cancels the current New Recurring Billing.
Note: The Exclude from Automation checkbox is used in conjunction with scheduled jobs. By default, this is unchecked and the Recurring Billing record will be included in a scheduled job. When checked, the Recurring Billing record will be excluded from the scheduled job.
Create Recurring Billing Lines
- If you already have a Recurring Billing displayed based upon the steps above, continue with step 2. Otherwise, navigate to Accounting Home and click the Setup tab. Then, under the Automations menu, click Recurring Billings. Do the following:
- Select a list view (other than the Recently Viewed list view).
- Select a desired Recurring Billing and click New. Then, continue with step 2.
- From the Recurring Billing Line related list, click New. The New Recurring Billing Line dialog box displays.
- The selected Recurring Billing name displays in the Information section. Complete the required fields, which display with a red (*) asterisk.
- Date - this defaults to the date that displays as the Next Billing Date on the Recurring Billing header record. Click the Calendar icon to select a different date, if necessary.
- Unit Price.
- The remaining fields on the New Recurring Billing Line dialog box are optional. Complete any or all of the remaining fields.
Note: The Accounting Information section includes a Revenue GL Account field, which is one of the optional fields that you can enter as part of creating this new Recurring Billing Line. If you leave this field blank, when the Recurring Billing Line is saved, if a Product was added on the line and it includes a Revenue GL Account, it will populate from the Product. Otherwise, the Revenue GL Account number will automatically populate from the Revenue GL Account field that was entered in the Default GL Accounts screen.
- Click Save.
Note: If Header Level Posting (HLP) is enabled and using AS Native Tax calculation, the Tax Group field is available as part of the Accounting Information. For information about Tax Groups refer to the Set up AS Native Tax article.
After creating one or more Recurring Billings, they are collated onto a Recurring Billings list view that shows all the information on a single line (except the Owner data, which is not shown).
Note: Accounting Seed restricts the number of Recurring Billing Lines within a single Recurring Billing to 500 lines to prevent errors based on Salesforce limits when creating records. Additionally, there is a limit set on how many records can be created at one time using the Create or Create & Post buttons on the Create Billing intermediate screen. The limit is 500 records for Recurring Billing.
- With the Magnolia - Home release, a new End Date field has been added to the Recurring Billing screen. This field is used to specify the date until which Billings can be created from a Recurring Billing. Immediately after the End Date is reached, the Status on the Recurring Billing will automatically be set to “Inactive.” This will save time from manually changing the Status on Recurring Billings to “Inactive.” If an attempt is made to create a Billing after the End Date, a message displays to indicate that “You cannot create a Billing from an inactive Recurring Billing record.”
- The Revenue GL Account is now an optional field (no longer required). If you leave this field blank, when the Recurring Billing Line is saved, if a Product was added on the line and it includes a Revenue GL Account, it will populate from the Product. Otherwise, the Revenue GL Account number will automatically populate from the Revenue GL Account field that was entered in Default GL Accounts.