Payable records can be created from Recurring Payables based upon the Preferred Start Time and the Next Run Date.
A daily confirmation email is sent to the email address of the user who created the Recurring Payable job, which indicates the number of records that were processed. If a recurring record fails to create a Payable an activity record will be created on the recurring record to identify the specific error so that the issue can be corrected.
To exclude a specific Recurring Payable record from being included in the automated job, select the Exclude from Automation checkbox on the Recurring Payable detail page. Also, inactive records will automatically be excluded.
Best Practice: It is recommended to have the daily Scheduled Post job created in Accounting Settings, which provides the ability for the Payables that were created to automatically post with the next run of the Scheduled Post job. The Scheduled Post job should be the last automated job that is scheduled.
Automate a Recurring Payable
- Navigate to Accounting Settings.
- Click the Automation tab.
- From the Select Job Type drop-down list, select Recurring Payable.
- From the Preferred Start Time drop-down list, select a start time.
Note: Remember that the starting time for this job should not be the same starting time as any other automated scheduled job. Also, the recommendation is to select a starting time that is after business hours or overnight.
- Click Start. The Recurring Payable job line displays.
Note: At some point if you no longer want the Recurring Payable job to run each day, click the Delete link on the Recurring Payable job line to remove this job.
- The Recurring Payable job will continue to create Payable records. However, the Payable records will be posted with the next run of the Scheduled Post job.