Prior to reading this article, please review the Features Overview section.
The Accounting Seed Map provides you with an overview of how the Accounting Seed application works. The goal of the Accounting Map is to give you a graphical view of how frequently used processes in the application work and how they update the general ledger.
Color-coded shapes and sequential process flows provide a visual, at-a-glance summary of how your accounts move through the system.
There are a total of seven diagrams in the Accounting Map. These maps are summarized below:
- General Ledger Balances - shows the data tables that feed the general ledger.
- Billing - shows the process for billing a service or productized service that has no inventory.
- Payables - shows the process of purchasing and paying for services and non-inventoried supplies.
- Reporting - shows how reporting tools are connected to data in the application.
Please note that the last four maps are not required for review if you are NOT using the Accounting Seed Orders & Inventory functionality.
- Inventory Quantity Available - shows the data tables that update both inventory quantity available and the general ledger.
- Billing for Inventory - shows the process for billing and order fulfillment of inventoried products (including product build and warehousing).
- Payables for Inventory - shows how to purchase and pay for inventoried supplies.
- The map was updated with the Koali flower graphic.
- The map was updated with the Jasmine flower graphic.
- The map was updated with the Iris flower graphic.