Payroll files can be imported into Journal Entries quickly and easily.
For best viewing, click the YouTube gear icon at the bottom of the video, click Quality, and select 1080p.
- Create a payroll file and save it to your desktop. Please note if using Cloud Payroll, a preconfigured payroll export report in this format is provided in the reporting section of Cloud Payroll. The payroll file needs to be saved as a .csv file and needs to include the following columns:
- Journal Entry Name
- GL Account
- Debit Amount
- Credit Amount
- GL Variables 1-4 (Optional columns to add)
- Log into Accounting Seed and navigate to Accounting Home.
- Under General Ledger Entry, click Payroll File Import.
- If you receive an error when clicking on the Payroll File Import tab, then you may need to edit your profile's File Import Tab setting. Navigate to Set up > Users > Profiles. Select your profile and edit the Payroll File Import Tab setting to Default On.
- On the Payroll File Import page click Upload File.
- If you are using Accounting Seed's multi-entity functionality, select the correct ledger in the review screen.
- If you are using a Department as an accounting variable, and you have set up Department as one of the fields on Payroll File Import object, select the GL variable from the Department drop-down menu to map your department code to the GL Variable.
- Click Create Records.
- Once imported, the journal entry will need to be posted to the ledger.
Please see a sample payroll file attached to this article below.
- Payroll files can be imported into Journal Entries quickly and easily with this new tool.
- Please note: This feature is enabled only in the Lightning environment.
- Configuration Changes:
- To use this feature you must enable MyDomain in Salesforce. To learn more, view the Salesforce My Domain knowledge article.
- To use this feature set your profile's Payroll File Import Tab setting to Default On.