Accounting Seed made a deliberate decision to maintain the flexibility of the Salesforce platform and build Accounting Seed as natively as possible. This means you can customize and configure our objects and page layouts just like you can with any custom object in Salesforce.
Customizable Objects and Page Layouts
- Custom Fields, Workflow Rules, Process Flows, Approval Rules, Validation Rules, and more are all available tools that Salesforce supplies and can be leveraged in the same way with Accounting Seed.
- Accounting Seed is often used with other AppExchange apps that are developed in the same open architecture, native way.
- Document generation products can also be used to generate customer/vendor facing documents such as Invoices, Statements, Purchase Orders, and Packing Slips.
- There are however three Accounting Seed objects that drive the integrity of the General Ledger data that we prevent anyone from editing either manually, via the API, or through declarative Salesforce tools. They are:
- Transaction Object
- Financial Cube Object
- Financial Cube Transaction Object
- Ultimately, any object in Accounting Seed can be integrated to from outside of the General Ledger tables described above. However, the three most common integration points are the Billing, Payable and Journal Entry.