- Just as you can make data relationships on any other custom object, you can do the same with Accounting Seed objects.
- Lookup relationships are a very useful tool to consolidate (one-to-many) or reference (one-to-one) records and to expand reporting options.
- We prevent direct integration to the Transaction object, which represents the General Ledger. Consequently, we have provided Posting and Unposting functionality that creates Transaction records from every source object, that does not automatically Post.
- Because Accounting Seed is a native application built entirely on the Force.com platform, we are able to use the Salesforce API to communicate with other applications.
- When inserting source records through the Salesforce API that do not automatically post, it will be necessary to call Accounting Seed’s global posting classes, and conversely, if you need to unpost the record you will need to call the class again.
Below is a table showing for each source object, whether they automatically post upon creation, and the name of the global posting class, if available.
|Source Object||Auto Posts||Posting/Unposting Class|
|Billing & Billing Lines||No||BillingPostService|
|Billing Cash Receipt||Yes||N/A|
|Payable & Payable Line||No||AccountPayablePostService|
|Account Payable Disbursement||Yes||N/A|
|Journal Entry & Journal Entry Lines||No||JournalEntryPostService|
|Time Card Day||No||N/A|
|Purchase Order Inventory Movement||Yes||N/A|
|Inbound Inventory Movement||Yes||N/A|
|Manufacturing Inventory Movement||Yes||N/A|
|Outbound Inventory Movement||Yes||N/A|