Accounting Seed has two managed packages, Financial Suite and Orders & Inventory. The functionality in the Orders & Inventory package is listed below and requires that the user also has a license to the Financial Suite package.
- Accounting Seed uses the Salesforce Product object to track physical inventory of products for a specific customer.
- A customer can track:
- Purchased Products - something they buy and then resell.
- Kitted Products - a collection of items they bundle together to sell as one unit.
- Manufactured Products - something they buy raw materials for and then add labor or other resources to finish into a unit they sell.
- Raw Material Products - something they buy to use in the manufacturing process.
- Accounting Seed tracks the available quantity of these products in one or many Warehouses which can each have one or many Locations.
- Each Product can be marked as a serialized item.
- A Product can also be recorded as an Installed Asset associated with the Account record (Customer)
- All inventory is tracked using Standard Costing accounting methodology.
- Sales Orders represent demand in the Accounting Seed Orders & Inventory package. They are intended to indicate which physical products have been ordered and track if they have been fulfilled or not.
- Sales Orders can be generated directly from a Closed/Won Opportunity by clicking the Create Sales Order button from the Opportunity record. Opportunity Product Lines are converted into Sales Order Lines.
- A user can create a Sales Order into Billing by clicking the Create Billing button on the Sales Order record. The Sales Order lines are converted into Billing Lines.
- A user can allocate available inventory to a Sales Order from their choice of Warehouses and Locations.
- Sales Orders can track if an item has been marked as shipped and packing slips can be created.
- Accounting Seed also supports barcode scanning of serial numbers when shipping or receiving a product.
- Aggregate and De-Aggregate Sales Order Lines.
- A Purchase Order represents an approved request to a Vendor for one or many Products or Services. In Accounting Seed it is most typical to use a Purchase Order for the ordering of Inventoried Products.
- A Purchase Order can be created by clicking the Create Purchase Order button from a Sales Order record, or from the Create Purchase Orders button from the Sales Order List View. A Purchase order can be created for each Sales Order, or a Purchase Order can be created for multiple Sales Orders that have the same Product.
- Accounting Seed supports two types of Purchase Orders:
- Standard - This is a traditional purchase order used to receive physical goods into a Warehouse and Location.
- Drop Ship - This is used for purchase orders that will not be delivered to the business’s warehouse, but rather to their customer’s location/job site. When these Purchase Orders are fully received, they will automatically allocate the inventory and create a Shipment record indicating that the inventory has been sent to their customer’s location.
- If the Purchase Order has serialized Products on it, those can be individually scanned into inventory upon receipt on the Purchase Order Line.
- A Purchase Order can be automatically turned into a Payable to that same vendor by clicking the Create Payable button. The Purchase Order Lines become Payable Lines.
- Comments on Purchase order are inherited from the Sales Order Line.
Print a full listing of all Accounting Seed features.