To Create a Demo Environment:
To create a demo environment of Accounting Seed follow these simple steps:
- Create a Salesforce Developer instance by navigating to developer.salesforce.com
- Log a support ticket with Accounting Seed at support.accountingseed.com to request the latest installation links for Accounting Seed.
- Cut and paste the Financial Suite installation link in the browser address bar to start the installation process for Financial Suite.
- After the Financial Suite application has been installed, repeat this step for Orders and Inventory with the respective installation link.
- After Orders and Inventory application has been installed, change the Page Layouts on the Account, Opportunity, and Product standard objects to default Accounting Seed pages.
- Assign the AS Full Admin Permission Set to your user.
- (Optional) To add trial data:
- Navigate to Accounting Home and select the Accounting Settings tab.
- On the Accounting Settings tab, navigate to the Trial Data subtab and click the Create Trial Data button. This will insert trial data for you.
- After the script runs you will need to post Billings, Journal Entries and Payables. Navigate to each of these tabs. Select the Unposted list view on the tab and batch post the data records in each tab by selecting all records and clicking the Post button.
- Navigate to the Accounting Periods tab and close all accounting periods prior to the current one.
Your demo org is complete.
- Navigate to Alpha Communications to deliver a tour of the customer/vendor.
- Run a Profit and Loss report for the last 3 periods.
- Show the Account Dashboard.
- From a Salesforce Opportunity create a Billing, Recurring Billing, Project, or Sales Order.
The following items are not included in the demo but can be added by logging a ticket with Accounting Seed Support at support.accountingseed.com
- Multiple Currencies
- Multiple Ledgers