To Create a Demo Environment:
To create a demo environment of Accounting Seed follow these simple steps:
- Create a Salesforce Developer instance by navigating to developer.salesforce.com
- Log a case with Accounting Seed Support through the Customer Support Portal to request the latest installation links for Accounting Seed.
- Cut and paste the Financial Suite installation link in the browser address bar to start the installation process for Financial Suite.
- After the Financial Suite application has been installed, repeat this step for Orders and Inventory with the respective installation link (if needed).
- After Orders and Inventory application has been installed, change the Page Layouts on the Account, Opportunity, Product and Asset standard Salesforce objects to the installed default Accounting Seed page layouts.
- Assign the AS Full Admin Permission Set and Accounting Seed ERP Administrator Permission Set (if using Orders & Inventory) to your user.
- (Optional) To add trial data:
- Navigate to Accounting Home and select the Accounting Settings tab.
- In Accounting Settings, navigate to the Trial Data tab and click the Create Trial Data button. This will insert trial data testing and demo purposes.
Note: There might be a slight delay between clicking the Trial Data button and the creation of the data. You should take care to only click the trial data ONCE, otherwise it will duplicate the trial data.
Note: Trial data should only be inserted into a Developer org or a Sandbox environment. Trial data should never be inserted or created in a Production environment.
- After the script runs you will need to post Billings, Journal Entries and Payables. Navigate to each of these tabs. Select the Unposted list view on the tab and batch post the data records in each tab by selecting all records and clicking the Post button.
- Navigate to the Accounting Periods tab and close all accounting periods prior to the current one.
Your demo org is complete.
- Navigate to Alpha Communications to deliver a tour of the customer/vendor.
- Run a Profit and Loss report for the last 3 periods.
- Show the Account Dashboard.
- From a Salesforce Opportunity create a Billing, Recurring Billing, Project, or Sales Order.
The following items are not included in the demo but can be added by submitting a case with Accounting Seed Support through the Customer Support Community.
- Multiple Currencies
- Multiple Ledgers