The Accounting Seed Cash Flow statement is a tool to report on cash coming in and out of your business.
Note: If you are activating this feature after your initial Go Live, the feature cannot generate a Cash Flow Statement until the accounting year following the year you activate the feature. This is because all cash related transactions (Cash Disbursements, Cash Receipts and Journal Entries to a cash account) in a fiscal year are required to be tagged with a Cash Flow category in order to generate a Cash Flow Statement.
Enable Cash Flow Statement
- Navigate to Accounting Home and under General Ledger Setup, click Accounting Settings. The Configuration Settings tab defaults.
- Click Edit. Then, scroll to the Cash Flow Statement Settings and select the Enable Cash Flow Statement checkbox.
Note: The ability to select this checkbox is based upon your permission level.
- Click OK. This will automatically create a set of Cash Flow Categories as in the sample screen below.
- Review the out of the box Cash Flow Categories that were created. Then, click Edit again to delete the ones that do not apply, and create new ones, if necessary.
- If you have used Accounting Seed prior to the Daisy release you will need to add the Cash Flow Category fields onto the source object Page Layouts. If you do not have permission to do this, contact your Salesforce system administrator. The following object Page Layouts will need to be adjusted:
- Cash Disbursement
- Cash Receipt
- Journal Entry Line - Add the cash flow category to the Journal Entry Line field set.
Create Cash Flow Categories
Note: Cash Flow Categories are implemented in Accounting Seed with the GL Account object.
Create a new Cash Flow Category
- Navigate to the GL Accounts tab and click the New button.
- Enter the name of the new Cash Flow Category.
- Change Type value to Cash Flow.
- Set the appropriate Sub Type 1 value (Operating, Investing, or Financing).
- Click Save.
* Sub Type 2 is not used in the creation of a Cash Flow Statement.
If you do not see Cash Flow as a Type or the three Sub Type 1 values, then you will need your Salesforce administrator to activate the Type field value Cash Flow, as follows:
- Click into Setup > Create > Objects and select the GL account.
- Click the Type field and scroll down to activate the Type value: Cash Flow.
- Go back to the GL Account object and select the Sub Type 1 field and scroll down and activate the three Sub Type 1 values: Operating, Investing, Financing.
- Go back to the GL Account object and select the Type and scroll down to the Field Dependencies.
- Click Edit next to the Sub Type 1 field.
- In the Cash Flow column, double-click on the Operating, Financing, and Investing fields. This will change the color so that they are active fields under the Cash Flow type.
You can now create your own cash flow categories as described above.
Note: The Cash Flow Categories included with Accounting Seed will display in a specific order on the Cash Flow Statement. New Cash Flow Categories added will list at the bottom of their Sub Type 1 list in alphanumeric order.
Set of Cash Flow Categories installed with Accounting Seed