AP Automation is available to all customers operating in US Dollars. To activate the features, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment Services provides an easy way to have the system automatically pay your Vendors using one of the three Payment Service Types:
- Virtual Card – this is a virtual (one time use) credit card that will be sent via email to a Vendor, which can be used to pay the bill.
- ACH – Automated Clearing House is an electronic payment that will be sent via email to a Vendor with this preference for payment
- Check – a check will be mailed to the Vendor, along with a remittance email to notify the Vendor that the check has been mailed.
Our partner in the Payment Services (invoice-to-pay) integration is Edenred Pay. The ability to use Payment Services starts with completing the AP Automation Onboarding Process. With the configuration completed, you will be able to use the automation process to have Edenred pay your Vendors.
The Payment Proposals article provides information to create a Payment Proposal batch, along with the various ways in which you can continue the process to Payment Services. Essentially, after a Cash Disbursement is automatically created and posted, it will be sent to Edenred Pay to pay your Vendor. The Vendor will be paid based upon the selected preferred payment method as mentioned above. Additionally, you can use Payment Services in the Payable Pay or Pay Batch intermediate screen. Once the Cash Disbursement(s) has been posted and Payment Services selected in the Type field, a request for payment will automatically be sent to Edenred Pay to pay your Vendor.
Note: When using the Payable Pay or Pay Batch intermediate screen, Payment Services must be selected as the Type before you click Pay/Pay & Post or Create/Create & Post.
Payment Services on the Cash Disbursement
The following Cash Disbursement fields are related to Payment Services:
- Type – this drop-down list has the Payment Services value that must be selected on the Cash Disbursement in order to pay your Vendors using Edenred Pay.
Important: When using Payment Services with Edenred Pay, setting this field to Check or Electronic is invalid.
- Payment Services Type – this will populate with the selection that is in the same field name on the Vendor/Account record, which includes: Virtual Card, ACH, or Check to identify the Vendor’s preferred way to be paid.
Important: When using Payment Proposals, the selection in this field and the Type field will be a part of the automation process. However, if using the Payable Pay or Pay Batch intermediate screen, it is important to make the appropriate selection in this field.
- Payment Service Status – the statuses in this drop-down list will automatically be updated by Edenred. For example, when the Cash Disbursement is initially submitted to Edenred for payment, it will be updated to “Pending.” In the sample screen below, the status is “Reconcile_Complete,” which indicates the payment has been sent to the Vendor. Using this example, an email with a Virtual Card was sent to the Vendor to use for paying the bill.
Note: Click here to view the above image in full screen.
- Payment Service Status Note – if added, this field will display any additional notation status that was included with the payment submission.
- Payment Method – if this is a Virtual Card payment, this field will automatically be updated with a hyperlink to the Payment Method record so that you can continue to monitor the payment. For example, you can click to the Payment Method record to determine the Available Balance. If the Available Balance is 0.00, this would indicate that the Vendor used the Virtual Card to pay the bill. The Payment Method Type on the Payment Method record will display for Virtual Card payments as Credit Card.
If this is an ACH payment, a Default Payment Method (Vendor) record must already exist in Accounting Seed for the Vendor. The Payment Method Type on the Payment Method record will display for ACH payments as Bank.
- Bank Disbursement – this field can be associated with only one Cash Disbursement. However, in a future release, it will function as a grouping mechanism for Cash Disbursements and credit Journal Entry Lines, similar to Bank Deposits.
- Payment Proposal and Payment Proposal Line – if this Cash Disbursement is related to a Payable that was a part of a Payment Proposal, these two fields will automatically populate. Both the Payment Proposal and Payment Proposal Line will display as hyperlinks back to the record, along with the line including a link to the related Payable record.
- Payment Service ID – as a part of the automatic processing of the payments, Edenred will update this field with an identification number to use as a reference for this payment.
- Last Payment Service Sync Date – this field will be updated with the last date and time the Payment Services information section on the Cash Disbursement was updated by Edenred.
Release Notes and Schedule