1099 Data in Accounting Seed can be exported in a csv file format through the Cash Disbursement object list view. This file can then be uploaded to a 1099 printing service like Yearli.
Before 1099 data can be exported from Accounting Seed, the 1099 Vendor checkbox must be checked on the account or contact record. We recommend that the follow data is also populated for each account or contact, but it will not prevent it to flow to the 1099 export file:
- Default 1099 Box
- Taxpayer Identification Number
Summary of Steps:
- Navigate to the Accounting Home page and click the Cash Disbursement link.
- Navigate to the cash disbursement list view, click go, and click the Create 1099 File button
- Note: None of the cash disbursements records need to select prior to clicking the Create 1099 File button. If you do not see this button, you may need to add it. To add it, click on setup/create/objects/cash disbursement scroll down to the search layouts and edit the cash disbursements list view. Under available buttons, click on the create 1099 file and move it over to the selected buttons area and save. This will now show up on the cash disbursement list view.
3. Set the 1099 Year, the 1099 Threshold Amount, and click Submit.
4. If there are any 1099 vendors that meet Threshold Amount, a csv file will be emailed containing each 1099 vendor and their consolidated cash disbursement amount for the 1099 year.
5. Once the 1099 csv file has been exported from Accounting Seed, it can imported into a 1099 printing application or service.